The Sun exploration

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
The Sun has a huge affect on our technology on Earth and in space. So scientists trying to get as much information about Sun`s activity as it possible. Can you tell me Sun`s exploration missions or spacecrafts that took part in that missions or future project that are about to happen in the future?

The Book Sundiver is a good introduction for Wolflings.

Uplift-series.jpg

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
You will find quite a lot if you google
Exploration of the Sun
including
Exploration | Sun – NASA Solar System Exploration
solarsystem.nasa.gov/solar-system/sun/exploration/

Cat :)
The most advanced Sun`s exploration spacecraft by NASA and the most advanced at all is Parker Solar Probe . Simply for getting closer to the sun than any other spacecraft so far and considering how hard it is to get that close. The space craft which is capable to take samples from the outer corona of the Sun really makes you amazed by it, because of the high temperature it can endure

Reactions: Catastrophe
Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
And also, I`d like to mention a spacecraft from a private space company from Scotland. Yeah, it`s less advanced than NASAs project Parker Solar Probe, but still, not less usefull. It isSkyrora XL rocket and it`s a light class launch vehicle, intended for placing payloads into Sun- Synchronous Orbit with a range of 500 km to 1000 km altitude

The most advanced Sun`s exploration spacecraft by NASA and the most advanced at all is Parker Solar Probe . Simply for getting closer to the sun than any other spacecraft so far and considering how hard it is to get that close. The space craft which is capable to take samples from the outer corona of the Sun really makes you amazed by it, because of the high temperature it can endure
I know why they were destined for success. They launched..... at night! ;)

Reactions: Catastrophe
And also, I`d like to mention a spacecraft from a private space company from Scotland. Yeah, it`s less advanced than NASAs project Parker Solar Probe, but still, not less usefull. It isSkyrora XL rocket and it`s a light class launch vehicle, intended for placing payloads into Sun- Synchronous Orbit with a range of 500 km to 1000 km altitude
FWIW, Synchronous orbit, by my crude calculation, is roughly 1/2 that of Mercury's orbit.

Latest posts