The web site down for almost a weak

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

I ahven't had any such problem. It appears there is a difficulty on your end, from what I can see.

D

doublehelix

S

silylene

I had the identical problem on my notebook computer (the one with IE6.02) during this time period too. I had thought the error may have been related to one of those assinine popup ads which had been prevalent that week.

I did not have any problem with my other computer (IE7).

D

doublehelix

There was an issue with IE6, but I believe it's been fixed.

-dh

N

nec208

Yes using IE 6 I could not connect to this web site or http://www.livescience.com/

All I got was document.write('');

My other computer using IE 8 I had no problem.

I know some people where saying that some browsers IE6 and fire-fox does not work that well here.

D

doublehelix

nec208":2633vemu said:
I know some people where saying that some browsers IE6 and fire-fox does not work that well here.

I would disagree with the Firefox observation - most of the problems have to do with other browsers like IE and Opera. Firefox also has always worked better for me (both at home and in the office - two different computers) than IE (in general, too!).

-dh

Z

ZenGalacticore

There is definitely something going awry here, and it's not my browser/ search engine, or my OS. I have no problem accessing or interacting with any other website.

But in the last three weeks, most of the time I can't log-in to SDC. When I can, often times I can't post replies. And when the post function works, it takes forever. Then it starts acting wacky again and I can't get to another thread in the same forum, or to another forum.

And I'm having to "refresh" every other second. I'm in now, but there's a good chance this won't post. Again, I'm not having problems with ANY other website and I have SDC set on compatibility. What's going on?

And I don't think I'm the only one having problems here because when I'm able to log-in, I see that participation is unusally WAY DOWN in Free Space. Usually Free Space threads get buried in half a day or so, and posts from Thursday are still on page one.

S

Swampcat

I've experienced very slow page loading for quite a while, with garbled formatting requiring a reload often the case.

I use the waiting time to visit other space-related forums that don't force me to login with every visit.

N

nec208

Yes some times here I have problems too you know log in or log off.Also slow pages somes times and problems posting.

The problems seem to come and go like waves .Like there is a problem the mod fix it and than 2 or 3 days later it gets broken.

If we move to vBulletin they don't have these problems and are stable most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts