The web site down for almost a weak

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

I ahven't had any such problem. It appears there is a difficulty on your end, from what I can see.

D

doublehelix

S

silylene

I had the identical problem on my notebook computer (the one with IE6.02) during this time period too. I had thought the error may have been related to one of those assinine popup ads which had been prevalent that week.

I did not have any problem with my other computer (IE7).

D

doublehelix

There was an issue with IE6, but I believe it's been fixed.

-dh

N

nec208

Yes using IE 6 I could not connect to this web site or http://www.livescience.com/

All I got was document.write('');

My other computer using IE 8 I had no problem.

I know some people where saying that some browsers IE6 and fire-fox does not work that well here.

D

doublehelix

nec208":2633vemu said:
I know some people where saying that some browsers IE6 and fire-fox does not work that well here.

I would disagree with the Firefox observation - most of the problems have to do with other browsers like IE and Opera. Firefox also has always worked better for me (both at home and in the office - two different computers) than IE (in general, too!).

-dh

Z

ZenGalacticore

There is definitely something going awry here, and it's not my browser/ search engine, or my OS. I have no problem accessing or interacting with any other website.

But in the last three weeks, most of the time I can't log-in to SDC. When I can, often times I can't post replies. And when the post function works, it takes forever. Then it starts acting wacky again and I can't get to another thread in the same forum, or to another forum.

And I'm having to "refresh" every other second. I'm in now, but there's a good chance this won't post. Again, I'm not having problems with ANY other website and I have SDC set on compatibility. What's going on?

And I don't think I'm the only one having problems here because when I'm able to log-in, I see that participation is unusally WAY DOWN in Free Space. Usually Free Space threads get buried in half a day or so, and posts from Thursday are still on page one.

S

Swampcat

I've experienced very slow page loading for quite a while, with garbled formatting requiring a reload often the case.

I use the waiting time to visit other space-related forums that don't force me to login with every visit.

N

nec208

Yes some times here I have problems too you know log in or log off.Also slow pages somes times and problems posting.

The problems seem to come and go like waves .Like there is a problem the mod fix it and than 2 or 3 days later it gets broken.

If we move to vBulletin they don't have these problems and are stable most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts