There is a way to know....now!

Apr 24, 2024
Visit site
There are two rather simple and straight forward calculations to demonstrate the age of the universe, and possibly disprove some misconceptions

Does anyone want to play?

A good calculator is needed because the numbers are BIG

Apr 24, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. The concept of the calculation is this

The radius measurement of the universe agreed to by most astrophysicists and astronomers is widely knowable

The distance of the speed of light is knowable

Andromeda Galaxy is supposed to be moving at 640,000 miles per hour

Recent Futurism publication supposed that universe is expanding at 160,000 miles per hour

Agree so far?

An "age" is a summation of equal time durations. So age only applies for constant rates and therefore constant durations of time.

How would one fudge in a coefficient for the changing rates of time? One would need that time change gradient.....thru out time.

We can not find the radius of the universe. We only have a sight line. Only our radius.

The size and age of cosmos can not be determined and never will be. We don't have the grey matter needed. Or the instruments.

I think surveying our solar system should be our first measurement and understanding goal. All else is just eye candy and math theory. I'm sure our system will expose several illusions.

Like the background radiation illusion. It's there(everywhere).......but it's not what we think it is.

Apr 24, 2024
Visit site
I agree there is no cosmic background radiation

If light speed is a constant, that is the first measurement

If you Google diameter of universe it will return 93 billion light years. Should we believe it?

Right now we can only detect light of a certain age. To a certain age. And therefore a certain distance. This is because of the sensitivity of our instruments and the back ground noise level. And the fact that light dissolves with distance.

Light can get so old, that it losses it's direction. The direction loss comes from the density loss. It becomes back ground noise. ORPHAN EM propagation. The source is now black. Only detectable as noise. A slight temperature as the result of continuous fleeting superposition.

How old could light get before it is so thin that it doesn't exist? This cosmos is probably older than that. Much older.

But it's just another guess. If we could see what the present cosmos looks like, we might be shocked. There could be a galactic super nova coming straight at us, only 500 LYs away.

If the MW blew up today, we would not see it or know it till it hit us. 25K years from today.

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
There are two rather simple and straightforward calculations to demonstrate the age of the universe, and possibly disprove some misconceptions

Does anyone want to play?

A good calculator is needed because the numbers are BIG
Yeh, I have been banging on about this since 1997. More fool me some say :)
If you have Excel I can send you a simple worksheet that shows Hubble's Constant for any given "age of the universe" and this calculation relys on the same principle as what follows below.
  1. It is based on C=2 Pi.r^2 which is the circumference of a circle (ball or Hypersphere) is related to the radius.
  2. That in any calculation distance can be substituted for time (although completely valid it is only sensible on very large distances )
  3. The "age of the universe" in years can be used as the radius of the universe in light years (I assert).
  4. That the universe may not be a perfect sphere/hypersphere depending perhaps on spin and/or mass distribution
  5. An approximate figure is acceptable (If I remember correctly the diameter thus derived is a bit less than the 93 billion light years suggested)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
I should point out that the two ideas of diameter are quite different. In normal perception, the diameter exists in the 3d space of flatland (or gentle curvature). In my example, the diameter is that of a hypersphere and it is impossible to visit any place on the diameter except by going back in time. In the "normal" interpretation it is theoretically possible to (thought experiment) visit anywhere on the diameter. Of course, if the diameter of the "normal" interpretation is on a curvature (surface of a sphere) then the diameter would be somewhat different (larger)

Latest posts