There is only one possible way for time travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kmarinas86

Like I said, there is only one possible way for time travel. I think that if one could record every single movement, place and position of EVERY single atom in a certain sized area. Realistic thought tells me that recording and controlling the motion of these atoms would allow you to rewind time or "the exact movent, motion,and postion" of these atoms from a previous time not exceeding the begining of the recording phase. So in theory only limited time travel can occur. Of course to do this you would need an infinite amount of energy and memory to record all movement of all atoms. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

alokmohan

In Kip Thornes book on black hole warps etc,you get detailed account on this.According to Thorne time travel is much possible.

Y

yevaud

True, but by using physical methods that are so far out of our Ken as to be magic.<br /><br />Possibly in a few ten's of million's years. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

S

Saiph

well, there is one hitch...<br /><br />you can't measure those all simultaneously (specifically motion and position) to a fine enough precision to do what your saying.<br /><br />Throw in the fact that even if you did do this, you're not garaunteed to have things happen the exact same way (despite the exact same initial conditions) due to quantum probability and chaotic systems.<br /><br />If one even happens slightly differently, the end result can be drastically different.<br /><br />Throw in the fact that you wish to be there in the new state, and you are yourself a major contributor to changing things (you weren't even there the first time).<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

J

jatslo

<font face="verdana"><h4>E = ( c <sub>v</sub> + c <sub>i</sub> ) <sup>2</sup></h4>Time travel is possible; however, there are consequences. I have been talking of length contraction as a consequence of late, but time dilation is also something that I will be talking about as well. This is why I created a fixed length to work with in a lab, in the event that I get to work in a lab some day.<h4>c <sub>L</sub> = -( 1.86 )</h4>I have a length contraction and time dilation matrix to work with, so basically all I need to do is input the information into my infinity generator until the output of information is sent either forward or backward in time. I also figured out how to bend my information without the use of mirrors as well, and this is an advantageous discovery. In addition, I know without a doubt that matter can pass through matter now, so converting matter to energy might not be required any longer. <br /></font>

P

pyoko

I think by measuring it, you would be changing it, and then the information you recorded would not be what is really there (anymore). Time travel aside, if some sort of almost-exact recording was possible, and going back to that state was possible, maybe we could 'reset' our age now and then, and use it as a sort of sci-fi re-generation device. Like you said - give it a few million years.<br /><br />On a different note, we time travel all the time by moving faster or slower, and by getting closer or further away from a large gravitational force. Slowing down or speeding up time is not a problem. Just reversing it is. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p><span style="color:#ff9900" class="Apple-style-span">-pyoko</span> <span style="color:#333333" class="Apple-style-span">the</span> <span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span">duck </span></p><p><span style="color:#339966" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="color:#808080;font-style:italic" class="Apple-style-span">It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.</span></span></p> </div>

P

pioneer0333

You are right. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

P

pioneer0333

You are thinking of infinite energy in the wrong way. It has more to do with making whatever the amount of energy needed to do the task available. Remember everything has a limit, but infinite just describes an unknown amount. <br /><br /> And to create that much energy. Well I guess you could use what I call a "magnetic drive". Just think of using the repelling power of a magnet enclosed in a cylinder all the while having the magnets repelling against a fixed magnetic source located on the cylinder wall. Now as we all know, magnets can last for years and years. So I don't see why we are still using combustable materials to drive almost all methods and modes of transportation, energy generation, and propulsion systems. But hey that's just me. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jatslo

infinite is forever, and unfortunately infinity also rounds off large data sets and numbers too. Bummer.

J

jatslo

Stevehw33 is a road block that you must overcome, you are onto something, so please keep plugging away.

I

i_i_e

Time travel (as I define it, as we saw it in "Back to the Future") is impossible and we will never do it.<br /><br />As far as travel into the future, with no return trip, now THAT might be possible.

Y

yevaud

<i>Stevehw33 is a road block that you must overcome...</i><br /><br />Not at all. He's merely trying to point out what is and isn't possible. Interesting thought experiments notwithstanding. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts