This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for Starship. Yes, really (op-ed)

Oct 30, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for such an excellent write-up of your experience Josh! Fantastic photos too - I particularly love the shot with the star trails!

You are so lucky to have witnessed it and I'm so jealous! :grinning: If all continues going to plan there will be more and more opportunities for folks to witness this absolute beast roar off to the heavens!

Nov 1, 2023
Visit site
Is there a reason you have to put "controversial" next to Elon Musk's name, each time you mention him? The man just gave you the experience of your lifetime, but you must slightly rain in his parade? Apart from this, great write.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is there a reason you have to put "controversial" next to Elon Musk's name, each time you mention him? The man just gave you the experience of your lifetime, but you must slightly rain in his parade? Apart from this, great write.
Really? Go to Google News and search on Elon Musk's name. Take your pick.

One can be both controversial and innovative.

bryant

BANNED
Jan 21, 2021
Visit site
Really? Go to Google News and search on Elon Musk's name. Take your pick.

One can be both controversial and innovative.
Depends on one's ideology. One can be a raving lunatic and the most Brillant person on the planet or infantile and dumb as the primordial oz life inched out of. I don't see the federal government trying to find a better way up and behind with one shot deals and wasting taxpayer dollars. Even NASA admits the death throws of Artimis once the mission is complete whereas starship will aim for Mars.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Depends on one's ideology. One can be a raving lunatic and the most Brillant person on the planet or infantile and dumb as the primordial oz life inched out of. I don't see the federal government trying to find a better way up and behind with one shot deals and wasting taxpayer dollars. Even NASA admits the death throws of Artimis once the mission is complete whereas starship will aim for Mars.
Agreed, regarding lunatics/brilliance. Not so sure on the primordial ooze comment. A genius can be completely oblivious in actual life skills and playing well with others. "Brilliance" is not a license to say/do as one pleases, in spite of the consequences.

I suppose time will tell (in terms of success and achievable results) on the other.

Latest posts