Tilted Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zoner

<p>Hi,</p><p>I have a 130mm&nbsp;Vixen Newtonian. I know that images will appear inverted through such scopes, but what I am actually getting when looking at terestrial objects like a light pole,&nbsp;is a tilted&nbsp;and inverted image. I mean by tilted is that I see the pole making a 45 degree angle with&nbsp;a vertical line.&nbsp;</p><p>What is the problem?&nbsp;</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Z

zoner

<p>Hi,</p><p>I have a 130mm&nbsp;Vixen Newtonian. I know that images will appear inverted through such scopes, but what I am actually getting when looking at terestrial objects like a light pole,&nbsp;is a tilted&nbsp;and inverted image. I mean by tilted is that I see the pole making a 45 degree angle with&nbsp;a vertical line.&nbsp;&nbsp;</p><p>What is the problem?</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

N

nimbus

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hi,I have a 130mm&nbsp;Vixen Newtonian. I know that images will appear inverted through such scopes, but what I am actually getting when looking at terestrial objects like a light pole,&nbsp;is a tilted&nbsp;and inverted image. I mean by tilted is that I see the pole making a 45 degree angle with&nbsp;a vertical line.&nbsp;What is the problem?&nbsp;Thanks,&nbsp; <br /> Posted by zoner</DIV><br />Are you sure you have it assembled correctly? &nbsp;&nbsp;Somewhere between the outer lenses and the eyepiece, something should&nbsp;be mounted 45deg off. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Z

zoner

<p>I guess nothing is wrong in the assembly. I have not done anything on the main mirror or the lens since I bought it last year. I only change the eyepieces, their focus and calibrate the finder scope. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts