Time has speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

why06

Yes, I know speed is distance over TIME, but recently an expiriment was done when a group of scientist accelerated a pulse of light to 300 times the speed of light. And here's the strange thing, they claimed seeing it exit the tube BEFORE it entered. THe only possible explanation for this I can think of is that time has speed and it Accelerated past the speed of time. They are still skeptical weather this actually happpened, but what if it did?<br /><br />Here is the link if you want it,<br /> http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/generalscience/faster_than_c_000719.html <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div>________________________________________ <br /></div><div><ul><li><font color="#008000"><em>your move...</em></font></li></ul></div> </div>

N

nacnud

Nope, this effect is because of the differences in phase velocity and group velocity of a beam of light moveing through a medium.<br /><br />The light in the experiment although going faster than the local speed of light doesn't break the speed of light in a vaccum ~3x10<sup>8</sup>m/s <br /><br />Its still a neat effect though.

U

unlearningthemistakes

good bye... Y_ <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>pain is inevitable</p><p>suffering is optional </p> </div>

K

kmarinas86

This is like having people on 5 different planets rasing their hands within 1 second of each other: planet 1 after the first second, planet 2 after the second second, planet 3 after the third second, etc......

B

bonzelite

http://www.philsoc.org/1962Spring/1526transcript.html<br />yes. time has speed, as it is quantized like energy is (as in Planck's constant):<br /><br />Tau: 2e<sup>2</sup>/3mc<sup>3</sup>, or 6.26 x 10<sup>-24</sup> seconds.<br /><br />this moment of time is the measured "T=0 to T=tau" exhibited in an electron's motivation to "act" beyond it's energy state (velocity). that is, it has an actual "reaction time" before it changes, ie, a "gap" of time that is literally quantized. once it then acts, it changes it's velocity <i>instantly upon the ending of the moment from time zero to time tau. the acceleration is <b>not</b> gradual but instantaneous.</i><br /><br />implications of quantized time are here:<br />www.openseti.org/Docs/HotsonPart1.pdf<br />www.openseti.org/Docs/HotsonPart2.pdf<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts