Time slide

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
"Well, it's only possible if you consider time to be a separate dimension apart from spacetime or if you consider time as a dimension itself."

Exactly what I believe. Spacetime is (imho) an unbelievable mathematical construct.

Cat :)

Time slide

"What if time wasn't just back and forth linear time but also side by side time? Is there a name for this?"

Here is the original question. My answer would be that "side by side" time implies alternate realities. This is a concept commonly discussed and 'alternate realities' or 'alternate time lines' probably provide possible names which fit your question.

Cat :)

Jan 15, 2020
I've seen no compelling evidence the universe has either a spatial or temporal boundary.
Space-time is undeniably linked, but time is a vey different dimension. I can stop or go backwards in three spatial dimensions.

Reactions: IG2007

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts