Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gary_Peck

<p><em><span style="font-size:22pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">Gary Peck&nbsp;<span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-size:22pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'"></span></em><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">E:mail<span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>gary.peck@yahoo.com</span></em><em><span style="font-size:22pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'"><span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span><strong><u>Time</u></strong></span></em><strong><em><u><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">Time...... </span></u></em></strong></p><p><strong><em><u><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">What is time? </span></u></em></strong></p><p><strong><em></em></strong><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">Without time nothing would exist. You, me, planets, stars and galaxies they all exist because of time. Time was the second thing ever created. How was it created? We will never know and like so many other objects we can only assume.</span></em><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'"><span>&nbsp;</span>For years scientists have believed that light is the fastest thing in the universe. Without time, light would not be possible. So therefore light must be slower than time. Time has an effect on everything. They calculate the Earth is about 4 billion years old. As for me I&rsquo;m 50 years old. Without time this would not be possible.</span></em></p><p><strong><em><u><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">How does time work?</span></u></em></strong></p><p><strong><em></em></strong><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">Time is a constant universal mass of movement that is everywhere. What is happening here now is also happening, 50 billion light years away, or even a 100 million light years away. Yet you cannot see it or touch it. As you get older you can feel the effect it has on your body. As you reach old age, you cannot do most of the things you did, when you was a teenager.<span>&nbsp; </span>Time is the biggest thing in the entire cosmos. It is travelling so fast you cannot capture it. Taking a photo with a shutter speed of 1,000,000 of a second will not capture time at its slowest point. It might seem you can but you can also take a photo with a 1.5 millionth of a second. So there is a limit to what man can achieve. Go beyond this and it is truly mind blowing.</span></em></p><p><strong><em><u><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">How does time affect everything?</span></u></em></strong></p><p><strong><em></em></strong><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">Time is so big it is everywhere. It penetrates everything in the entire cosmos. Stars, Planets even a 50 inch plate of solid steel cannot stop time penetrating through it. So how does it have an effect on everything? Imagine the atom being a single item. Then you magnify it 1000 times. You then magnify it another 1000 times. You keep repeating this process. You then come to the point when you are inside the atom, and you cannot see it because the molecules that make the atom up are now spread out so far away from each other, it now seems that <span>&nbsp;</span>you are standing in emptiness. Not even the particles of light from a 1000 watt light bulb can be seen. All this <strong><u>space</u></strong> is filled with time. It is also being affected by time as it moves. This is how it manages to have an affect on everything. Basically it is so small it can penetrate & affect everything. This affect it has on everything is what we call age.</span></em></p><p><strong><em><u><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">How is time used?</span></u></em></strong></p><p><strong><em></em></strong><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">We measure time based on the Earth&rsquo;s rotation, & its journey around the Sun. Yet if you applied the same measurements to the planet Uranus things would be totally different. Everything is based on reproduction. We think that only Animals & plants can reproduce themselves. We can observe this. We can make babies, we can grow plants from other plants and time is used to achieve this. Yet we can watch these changes. Planets, stars, even galaxies are reproducing themselves. It takes more time for this to happen. It seems that time has a quicker effect on life. Yet it appears to take longer on things without life. Light travelling from other stars uses time to travel. If you were to travel from London to Wolverhampton, we need to use time.<span>&nbsp; </span>When you switch on your TV. The ions needed to power your TV, use time to travel from the power station to get to your TV. We use time as a measurement.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'"></span></em><strong><em><u><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">Can time be manipulated?</span></u></em></strong></p><p><strong><em></em></strong><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">Scientists and science fiction writers from all over the world believe time travel is possible. All these theory&rsquo;s of punching a hole and bending time and space to create time travel. I wonder how much money is going into these experiments trying to create and make time travel possible. The truth is we will never be able to achieve this. Because time is so big, yet so small and travelling so fast, nothing can manipulate it. Using a nuclear blast to try to punch a hole through time will have no effect whatsoever. The Nuclear blast itself <span>&nbsp;</span>will be using time, it will not be able to travel faster than time. Therefore no matter what ever you try you cannot manipulate or control time. This is nothing compared to the unimaginable power of a star thousands of times bigger than the Earth exploding. Everything needs time to work. If time required something else to work, would it then be possible to manipulate it? Time needs one other component to work, and that we cannot manipulate.</span></em></p><p><strong><em><u><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">Final thought.&nbsp;</span></u></em></strong><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'"><span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'"><span>&nbsp;</span><span>&nbsp;</span>Man is so intelligent, and achieved so much. Yet we are so small compared to the size of the universe. We are therefore limited to what we can achieve.</span></em><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'"><span>&nbsp;</span></span></em></p><p><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">When you are young, we seem to have all the time in the world. It is only when you get older you really appreciate <span>&nbsp;</span>its true value, and just <span>&nbsp;</span>how precious it is. Time passes us by at a nice steady pace. How you use it is entirely up to you.</span></em><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">&nbsp;</span></em><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">G. Peck<span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span>26<sup>th</sup> January 2009</span></em><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">&nbsp;</span></em><em><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'TimesNewRoman','serif'">&nbsp;</span></em></p>

B

BoJangles

<p style="margin-top:0cm;margin-left:0cm;margin-right:0cm" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="3">First of all welcome to SDC. This a great place to bounce your ideas, though without even looking at your post id consider hitting the edit button, adding some paragraph line spaces, and changing the font of your post. Honestly this is very unreadable and it&rsquo;s not a good look.</font></p><p style="margin-top:0cm;margin-left:0cm;margin-right:0cm" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="3">Secondly, this is a prime example why there should be a thread category called &ldquo;my theory&rdquo; or &ldquo;Alternative Theories&rdquo;.</font></p><p style="margin-top:0cm;margin-left:0cm;margin-right:0cm" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="3">Thirdly, time has been defined by some of the greatest thinkers in the last 200 years and you should maybe go looking for some of their explanations before jumping to TOO many conclusions. Don&rsquo;t get me wrong I always enjoy reading other people&rsquo;s ideas on topics like this, though they start getting a little tiresome, and in this case definitely in the wrong thread category.</font></p><p style="margin-top:0cm;margin-left:0cm;margin-right:0cm" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="3">Now as for you conclusion that time is a physical property, I don&rsquo;t really agree, you could easily make the same argument for direction, it just doesn&rsquo;t make sense. However don&rsquo;t take my word for it, and maybe someone else can point you in a better direction, with a better clarification of current scientific understanding.</font></p><p style="margin-top:0cm;margin-left:0cm;margin-right:0cm" class="MsoNormal">---<edit>---</p><p style="margin-top:0cm;margin-left:0cm;margin-right:0cm" class="MsoNormal">I just noticed your edit, much better :)</p><p style="margin-top:0cm;margin-left:0cm;margin-right:0cm" class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#808080">-------------- </font></p><p align="center"><font size="1" color="#808080"><em>Let me start out with the standard disclaimer ... I am an idiot, I know almost nothing, I haven’t taken calculus, I don’t work for NASA, and I am one-quarter Bulgarian sheep dog.  With that out of the way, I have several stupid questions... </em></font></p><p align="center"><font size="1" color="#808080"><em>*** A few months blogging can save a few hours in research ***</em></font></p> </div>

B

BoJangles

Thanks :) Note: if your pasting from word it can stuff the formatting up. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#808080">-------------- </font></p><p align="center"><font size="1" color="#808080"><em>Let me start out with the standard disclaimer ... I am an idiot, I know almost nothing, I haven’t taken calculus, I don’t work for NASA, and I am one-quarter Bulgarian sheep dog.  With that out of the way, I have several stupid questions... </em></font></p><p align="center"><font size="1" color="#808080"><em>*** A few months blogging can save a few hours in research ***</em></font></p> </div>

R

R1

<p><font size="2">yes, welcome to SDC, but there may just be a lot of surprises in store</font></p><p><font size="2">Time is not a constant, it is flimsy and without a backbone.&nbsp; Clocks tick at different rates at sea level and on a plane and in the space station.&nbsp; c is a constant, but the first thing to go out the window at c is t.</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

O

origin

Gary, almost everything you wrote is wrong or obvious (If there was no time, we could not measure time).&nbsp; Instead of thinking about this stuff in a vacuum, try learning a little bit of physics and see if you can get any new ideas. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

G

Gary_Peck

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Gary, almost everything you wrote is wrong or obvious (If there was no time, we could not measure time).&nbsp; Instead of thinking about this stuff in a vacuum, try learning a little bit of physics and see if you can get any new ideas. <br />Posted by origin</DIV><br /><br />There is Time it is travelling faster than light.

O

origin

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>There is Time it is travelling faster than light. <br />Posted by Gary_Peck</DIV><br /><br />Fine, when something is traveling it has velocity.&nbsp; Velocity is distance divided by time such as M/sec or miles/hour.&nbsp; Light travels in a vacuum at ~186,000 miles/sec.&nbsp; Please explain how you can measure the velocity of time when it is not a physical substance, it is a dimension.&nbsp; What would be the units of the velocity of time.&nbsp; </p><p>What you are saying makes as much sense as saying 1 meter weighs 2 kilograms.</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jbachmurski

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Fine, when something is traveling it has velocity. </DIV><br /><br />Light travels, does it have velocity?

O

origin

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Light travels, does it have velocity? <br />Posted by jbachmurski</DIV><br /><br />Yes, ~186,000 mps in a vacuum. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts