Titan rotation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhavathi":3o6sf5eg said:
Hi,

Does Titan (Saturn's moon) rotates itself?

Welcome to SDC, prabhavathi.

Yes Titan does rotate & also keeps the same face turned towards Saturn as our own Moon does to Earth.

Titan orbital period & rotation: 15 Days, 22 Hours & 41 Minutes.

Titan like the other major moons of Saturn, like Rhea, Dione, Enceladus, Iapetus, etc, keep the same face turned towards Saturn.

Andrew Brown.

G

Gravity_Ray

Titan does roatate. its rotation period is equal to its orbital period so its tidaly locked to Saturn (the same face always faces Satrun). Like our Moon.

Just saw your post Andrew, your fast... I wouldnt want to get into a gun duel with you. :D

P

prabhavathi

Thanks for your warm welcome! and thank you for your replies friends.

Is this because moons don't have any object to throw?

P

prabhavathi

3488":177m9odt said:
prabhavathi":177m9odt said:
Hi,

Does Titan (Saturn's moon) rotates itself?

Welcome to SDC, prabhavathi.

Yes Titan does rotate & also keeps the same face turned towards Saturn as our own Moon does to Earth.

Titan orbital period & rotation: 15 Days, 22 Hours & 41 Minutes.

Titan like the other major moons of Saturn, like Rhea, Dione, Enceladus, Iapetus, etc, keep the same face turned towards Saturn.

Andrew Brown.

I am trying to imagine the moving. But it is difficult for my imagination. But i understand the logic. Can i see any animated video?

G

Gravity_Ray

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZIB_leg75Q[/youtube]

This is done well (short and sweet).

Thats why its wrong to say the "dark side" of the Moon. It isnt "dark", its just that we dont see it. The Sun does actually hit all sides of the Moon.

P

prabhavathi

Gravity_Ray":1f0benpm said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZIB_leg75Q[/youtube]

This is done well (short and sweet).

Thats why its wrong to say the "dark side" of the Moon. It isnt "dark", its just that we dont see it. The Sun does actually hit all sides of the Moon.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts