Tron Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdewoody

I just saw a promo for the upcoming Tron sequel and it looks promising.

A

a_lost_packet_

I haven't seen the promo, but I've seen some of the 3D and and art work for that movie. It's pretty darn amazing.

"Tron" really was a revolutionary movie. It was one of the very first, immersive, CGI environment movies ever made. (Unless you count some greenscreen cartoon movies, which is sort of a different animal.) They're going to make sure that this one lives up to the reputation of its parent.

http://disney.go.com/tron/

B

bdewoody

I probably will go see it in a theater. I don't do that very often. The last time was the recent Star Trek movie.

A

a_lost_packet_

bdewoody":3m5z18jp said:
I probably will go see it in a theater. I don't do that very often. The last time was the recent Star Trek movie.

I haven't been to a theatre to see a movie in.. over a year? I should probably do that as well. This looks like a pretty good eye-feast.

J

JasonChapman

a_lost_packet_":6vfnv6nt said:
I haven't seen the promo, but I've seen some of the 3D and and art work for that movie. It's pretty darn amazing.

"Tron" really was a revolutionary movie. It was one of the very first, immersive, CGI environment movies ever made. (Unless you count some greenscreen cartoon movies, which is sort of a different animal.) They're going to make sure that this one lives up to the reputation of its parent.

http://disney.go.com/tron/

The orginal Tron crashed and burned as did another CG1 film The Last Starfighter. Hollywood was just not ready to embrace CG1, but it took less than a decade before the studios realised that times were changing and audiences demanded better SFX. Got the original Tron on DVD and I'll be front row and centre for the new film.

B

bdewoody

It's funny you mention the "Last Starfighter". I really enjoyed it as one of the first CGI films. I guess I;m just not mainstream enough.

C

CalliArcale

"The Last Starfighter" was one of my favorite movies too. Like "Tron", it's something of a cult classic now. Some movies don't do well financially but later prove to have had a much larger influence on the collective unconscious than much more "successful" movies.

Greetings, Starfighter! You have been chosen to defend the Republic against Zur and his Ko-Dan Armada.

Perhaps the trouble is that like Tron, it was a movie essentially about an arcade game becoming real, and at that point, people didn't really take videogames seriously -- or even really acknowledge them as a reasonable competition to board games. Good movies, though. I'm not sure they could redo or even do a sequel to "Last Starfighter"; we wouldn't have Robert Preston to play Centauri. (I mean, how cool was that? They got the Music Man to play an alien con-artist!)

I'm really looking forward to "Tron Legacy", big-time. I was glad they still found a part for Bruce Boxleitner; I wonder if we'll see any of Tron himself in there? (In the commercials, he's just Alan.) The idea of a villainous Clu is intriguing, and the de-aging stuff they did looks very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts