Trump Officially Establishes US Space Force with 2020 Defense Bill Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
Don't you think that the Military as it stands today has to evolve? The current branches are historical legacies which may not be properly suited for the new challenges as our world transforms at an ever faster pace (not because of their inability to adapt, but because of the decades of rules and regulations they have to follow while having to surf as best as possible the hectic DC waters...).

Space is a not only a growing "mess" but also becoming increasingly a conflict zone between competing economic and State powers. While it seems the Mission will indeed have to be further clarified, a new platform like the Space Force deserve a chance, the opportunity to build a team of motivated individuals who hopefully will approach things differently and eventually shape the debate about how to best approach the "conflictualization" of Space.

This boondoggle will die after the next election.
It is an unaffordable waste with no valid mission!
Kessler be damned, huh?

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
Don't you think that the Military as it stands today has to evolve? The current branches are historical legacies which may not be properly suited for the new challenges as our world transforms at an ever faster pace (not because of their inability to adapt, but because of the decades of rules and regulations they have to follow while having to surf as best as possible the hectic DC waters...).

Space is a not only a growing "mess" but also becoming increasingly a conflict zone between competing economic and State powers. While it seems the Mission will indeed have to be further clarified, a new platform like the Space Force deserve a chance, the opportunity to build a team of motivated individuals who hopefully will approach things differently and eventually shape the debate about how to best approach the "conflictualization" of Space.

FRANK. YOU ARE WISE
EVER BEEN TO SAN FRANCISCO AND THE BAY AREA?

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
FRANK. YOU ARE WISE

Not sure I fully grasp the question as it relates to the topic. All in capital letters, so should I assume it is sarcasm...? Oh well, I must be dense this evening :) Otherwise I do enjoy the Bay area with its unique combination of charm and 'opportunities'

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
FRANK. YOU ARE WISE

I was stationed at Travis 40 miles away from Frisco. Travis was a nice base and I always had fun going to Frisco. It is pretty hard for anybody to live their though with the prices of everything. I remember in Vallejo it was $1200 a month just for a one bedroom apartment.

Dec 27, 2019
Visit site
So tired of winning. Now instead of funding JPL, University of Arizona and SpaceX, US space contract money can go to Department of Defense heavyweights like Lockheed, GD and Boeing. Projects that used to cost millions will now cost billions. Oh and tack on a few years to every project timeline while you're at it. 😔

Dec 26, 2019
Visit site
I was stationed at Travis 40 miles away from Frisco. Travis was a nice base and I always had fun going to Frisco. It is pretty hard for anybody to live their though with the prices of everything. I remember in Vallejo it was $1200 a month just for a one bedroom apartment.
I graduated from Vallejo High School in 1979, while living on Mare Island Naval Ship Yard. Now the base is gone, and Vallejo is crime-ridden. But, yes, Travis and that area were nice. I started in the AF Reserves there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I graduated from Vallejo High School in 1979, while living on Mare Island Naval Ship Yard. Now the base is gone, and Vallejo is crime-ridden. But, yes, Travis and that area were nice. I started in the AF Reserves there.

Nice,small world.lol!

Last I was there was 2008 but I assume the crime is bad because of high housing costs and no jobs. Could be because people are lazy also.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
I thought that we would only use our capabilities and explorations of Space, for Peaceful purposes. The USA is the first to weaponize space, beyond the idiots who thought NUCLEAR! Are we giving up on the idea of using Space for PEACEFUL reasons ONLY?
The first task of the next President should be the destruction of this Space Force, and a re-affirmation of our original PROMISE of using space exploration only for PEACEFUL purposes. The USA is the first to weaponize space...do we think we will be the last to do so?!

Reactions: Brian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts