Trump touts Space Force, moon and Mars plans in State of the Union address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
An inspiring speech, as usual. Don't worry, I'm not taking everything he says precisely, just in general terms. But I'll tell you, I do not feel comfortable about a "Space Force". We are keeping the military out of Antarctica, why do we need a Space Force? We work well with Russia in space, why do we need military there? OK, a few satellites, but a whole branch of the armed services? Seems a bit much to me.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
An inspiring speech, as usual. Don't worry, I'm not taking everything he says precisely, just in general terms. But I'll tell you, I do not feel comfortable about a "Space Force". We are keeping the military out of Antarctica, why do we need a Space Force? We work well with Russia in space, why do we need military there? OK, a few satellites, but a whole branch of the armed services? Seems a bit much to me.

Well it seems our so called leaders and the leaders of most of the world want to militarize everything. A lot of it is our fault though because we still keep signing up for these programs around the world. Although I do understand in some countries they have no choice then to sign up for a military program. We even had that ourselves during Vietnam when people were forced for what may be deemed as a useless war where many lives were lost for both sides. You wonder for how many more generations longer will humans war with each other?

Antarctica has no strategic military value; space does. Any of our current forces can deploy to Antarctica if needs be; this can't be said of space. I get the ideal scenario, where space remains a utopia of human exploration and cooperation; but like sea and air, it's not realistic. In truth, that situation ended the moment space became a medium for lobbing nuclear warheads and deploying spy satellites.

Reactions: cj3kosh
I don't really bother with quotes that don't operate without a level of common sense. I'd like to assume we are adults who understand at least that much. I wonder what The internet collected conscious maturity level is. I think there may be a way to calculate that both as a whole and based on network communities like Space.com and it's demographics for age and level of intelligence based on comments questions and answers, as well as empathy. Maybe Space.com can do a email blast to it's subs to take a personality test because it's fun both for the user and the network to collect that data if the user chooses to share after receiving a copy of their personality after a few questions. Then Space.com would learn more about it's audience and adapt. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts