UFO-What Is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ladyleviticus

Hiya<br /><br /><br />My brother claimed to see some UFO in the sky on 10TH August 2006. Here is the discription of it. Can someone expert tell me what it is please. Please observe the footage:<br /><br />http://www.auforn.com/ufo23.html<br /><br />Thankyou<br /><br />LadyLeviticus

M

MeteorWayne

Well, on first glance it looks like the sun (it is near dusk) reflecting off the windows of a jet aircraft making a slow turn. This would explain it's slow motion as well as the flickering.<br />Another possibility would be am Iridium flare passing through the thin cirrus clouds, but it looks a little to bright for that. Never mind, I noticed this is only an excerpt "the most compelling" part.<br /><br />I'd like to see the full 2 minute clip. I would suspect that the jet aircraft explanation will make the most sense then. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

H

harmonicaman

I'll go with Iridium Flare; but, depending on the time and direction, it may also have been the Sun's reflection off of a much lower object such as a weather balloon, Mylar<sup>tr</sup> balloon or, as member <b>MeteorWayne</b> has suggested, an aircraft; to suggest a few choices.<br /><br />It kind of appears to be the Sun reflecting off of something...

M

MeteorWayne

Reflecting off the sun applies to both an aircraft and Iridiums, but the site stated it was observed for at least a minute so that rules out the Iridiums. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

T

tfwthom

I don't know my way around OZ so the location means nothing to me. I'm going with something more natural. If that's looking west at sunset (July 15th) time would be nice (looks like it to me) I'd guess Venus. It fades in and out because of the clouds. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

I thought of that, but because it winked out dismissed that thought.<br />I guess I'll have to see where Venus was then.<br />One little planet, so many UFO's..... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

T

tfwthom

The one thing I'm absolutely sure of is that it isn't a flying saucer.<br /><br />Why is it that the only people that see E.T. flying around are the city dwellers that haven't seen the stars in years. They go on vacation (holiday) away from lights and smog and believe that E.T. is visiting. We, that spend most clear nights looking at the heavens never report seeing E.T.<br /><br />Not that E.T. doesn't exist somewhere (that's a imposability with all the stars there are) but to think that he visits....<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

That's why I kind of like the term UFO.<br />It means an Unidentified (apparantly) Flying Object, the point being that it is unidentified <font color="yellow"><i>by the observer </i> </font><br />Flying saucer (especially when it doen't look like a saucer) is a whole other kettle 'o fish. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts