Ultraviolet (UK TV series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pmn1

Does anyone know if more than 6 episodes were planned when it was made? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

steampower

all I know of where the 6 uk episodes and the American pilot where they decided the tech, history and mythology parts would be trimmed down to be replaced by a vampire soap opera, they thought that the personal problems and conflicts would be more interesting...<br />I can just imagine the boardrooms in the American film industry<br /><br />"hey Hank, heres an original idea"<br />"well hell!, lets just make it into one of those cute soap opera things"<br />"sure thing Hank, and while we are at it we can junk all this complicated plot and science and s**t, it would only confuse our IQ-50 demographic"<br />"yeah..and make em look just like humans and set in in present day USA, it will be cheaper to film that way" <br />"ok..I`ll see if I can get the cast down to 2 or 3 people plus extras, that should save some cash as well"<br /><br />YAWN!<br /><br />steampower

S

steampower

I just noticed Sony are making a film with the same name, simular theme, but the outcasts being hunted down by the "normal" people are geneticaly modified, faster and smarter soldiers, it might be (at a pinch) the movie industries idea of a straight rip of the TV series (what with their consistency in following perfectly good plots etc)<br /><br />steampower.

Status
Not open for further replies.