Update: Meade 10 inch schmitt-newtonian 'scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

detriech69

It has been a while since I've posted, but I now have a Meade 10 inch schmitt-newtonian reflector goto scope with the UHT coatings. I love it!! Great optics, goto versatility and ease of use is terrific. Very satisfied with this purchase. My only complaint is that due to the much larger size than my old scope, I need a more powerful eyepiece to get the most out of this great 'scope! I now must shop for a quality, but affordable high power eyepiece or maybe a Barlow. Any tips for someone on a tight budget?

T

tfwthom

Tip 1...test drive the eyepiece in your scope. As you have found some eyepieces work better then others. Why spend money on an eyepiece that will not work in your scope (i.e. 3mm to 6mm Nagler zoom does not work in my LX90 but works just fine in the FS128 or the TV85) So go to a star party and borrow the eyepiece you are thinking of buying.<br /><br />Tip 2....you get what you pay for. If you want TeleVue quality buy TeleVue. I have never understood why people say "it's almost as good as a Nagler but cheaper" something has to suffer if it's cheaper, color, quality, something or it would cost just as much. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.