Update on russian Klipper project

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soccerguy789

Well, I personally like the look of the lockheed CEV and I think it will be the one to get built because of the two CEV proposals, it is the one that has capabilities on the level with the Klipper. The US may not be willing to use or support the Klipper for political reasons, but ego alone will prevent us frem being outdone by a space program with no money. I do like the Klipper, and would like to see what it costs per launch. In the end though, we will probably see the US CEV being used for exploration and the Klipper used more for ISS support, since the CEV program also consists of all the components needed to put people on the moon, not just the CEV itself. I would also like to see someone eventually take new tech developed by the CEV and Klipper programs, and use it to build a fully reusablelsingle stage to orbit launcher like the Venturestar. maybe the russians can do it while we're out exploring and by then we can get over the whole political issue and work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.