View Topic Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abq_farside

Could not find this in the FAQ, but what is the easiet way to link to a different post or thread in a posting? I do not see a link to post link or anything else like that in the editor - what am I missing?

M

MeteorWayne

I don't know if it's the easiest, but this is what sort of works for me.

Go to the page you want to link to.

Go to the URL window at the top (in IE 8/7 anyway), select, and copy.

Go to the post where you are going to insert the link, then paste the copied URL

Maybe somebody has a better method.

Wayne

A

abq_farside

MeteorWayne":26w44khj said:
I don't know if it's the easiest, but this is what sort of works for me.

Go to the page you want to link to.

Go to the URL window at the top (in IE 8/7 anyway), select, and copy.

Go to the post where you are going to insert the link, then paste the copied URL

Maybe somebody has a better method.

Wayne

Kind of what I thought, just like a normal link. I have just seen others link with the viewtopic.... and thought maybe I am missing something.

edit: so I it does not appear that you can post a link to specific post?

S

Shpaget

If you want a link to a certain post, there is a little (very little) image of a paper in front of the name of the author of the post, right under big bold Re: Thread Subject
Looks like this:
icon_post_target.gif

Click it, and you get post link (or right click, Copy Link Location).

After that put it in the:
Code:
[url=link you just obtained]name of the link[/url]

A

abq_farside

Shpaget":253rbl7c said:
If you want a link to a certain post, there is a little (very little) image of a paper in front of the name of the author of the post, right under big bold Re: Thread Subject
Looks like this:
icon_post_target.gif

Click it, and you get post link (or right click, Copy Link Location).

After that put it in the:
Code:
[url=link you just obtained]name of the link[/url]

Ah

Thanks.

BTW - My browser (IE8) says copy shortcut, instead of copy link location. And it appears that clicking on the icon just takes me to the post. But that works, the copy shortcut method.

D

doublehelix

abq_farside":3rspma5z said:
Could not find this in the FAQ, but what is the easiet way to link to a different post or thread in a posting? I do not see a link to post link or anything else like that in the editor - what am I missing?

I find that right clicking the subject of a particular post and choosing "copy link location" works for me in Firefox 3 on a PC. Here's the result of doing that with the subject of the initial post in this thread:

posting.php?mode=quote&f=25&p=403101#pr403101

You can also just click on the particular post subject and it will either load in that window or in a new tab/window, if you choose to do that.

Also, in the Topic review area, if you click the QUOTE button, you can quote multiple posts in the edit window, but you may have already figured that out by now. :cool:

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts