Volcano

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tfwthom

It will make for some nice lunar eclipes.....not that the USA will see them, but nice anyway.<br /><br />March 14, 2006<br />A faint penumbral eclipse of the Moon, centered on 23:47 UT, will occur for observers located in Europe and Africa. Some dim shading along the Moon's southern limb may be visible around mideclipse.<br /><br />September 7, 2006<br />A partial eclipse of the Moon, centered on 18:51 UT, will be visible from most of Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia. The Moon barely touches the southeastern edge of the Earth's umbra, and the partial eclipse lasts for 92 minutes <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

T

tfwthom

Adding a little more<br /><br /><br />Yes if it throws enough ash in the air transparency will be effected. Mt St Helens put enough ash in the air to lower the daytime temp a couple degrees (effecting sunlight) so starlight was effected.<br /><br />The comment about the lunar eclipes was because when we have a volcano putting ash in the air you get a real nice redness to a lunar eclipe. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

T

tplank

I remember the beautiful sunsets after the big Mount Pinatubo erruption. I guess I was just wondering how much it takes to degrade things for the professionals. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>The Disenfranchised Curmudgeon</p><p>http://tonyplank.blogspot.com/ </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts