Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
we know of the famous voyager spacecraft which flew out in 2 editions - 1 and 2 in 1977 ... they carry human voice and form to be found in interstellar space should they come across an alien life out there ...

where are the 2 spacecraft now? how rich that their services were to our understanding of deep space, could someone recount with some of the pictures what discoveries that they made so far ...

what is the mission statement of either of them if someone may like to say? where are they destined to go? how far will they fly w/o ever coming back ... is it a tryst with outer space destiny for them if i may ask so ... ?

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Saw this image recently:

PIA22566-16.jpg

Voyager Mission Overview

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Helio
Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
okay that is really good to know indeed ...

which telescope usually communicates with them and receives and sends data ... ? who analyses and interprets that data ... ?

If you want a good overview of the Voyager missions, you should visit the two links below. They will tell you much more than anyone ever will on this web site. And why did you call them "infamous"? That means "bad". I suspect you meant "famous"?!

Communications with them is by radio telescopes via the Deep Space Network.

Reactions: Catastrophe
yea lol.........dont believe it ,bacteria and virus's can lay dormant for hundreds of years, it would be a case of earth polluting the galaxy.

While it is true that spores can lay dormant for hundreds of years, that length of time, in a spacecraft not designed for the survival of the spores (or whatever life form is on board) would not get very far "in the far distant future".

In order for the spores, etc. to last a journey that might require many thousands of years (or more), you would have to purposefully build a special container for them, and likely store them at very low, and stable, temperatures for the duration of the voyage. Random contaminant life forms are not going to survive extended trips into space. The simple changes in stereochemistry that occur in some amino acids (flipping from L to D) and changes in other critical biochemicals would destroy any chance that the spores could recover a vegetative state - i.e. begin to grow again after such extended periods of dormancy.

And even if they did survive the trip, the exact stereochemistry of critical nutrients (i.e. food), that they evolved from, would have to be waiting for them at any final "destination". This scenario is highly unlikely if you know all the details of biochemistry and the possible variants that can successfully arise from the elements found on most planets. And you can rule out viruses interacting with alien life forms. Viruses from our planet evolved to interact with life on earth. There is very little probability that earth's viruses would find a host in any form of alien being.

Last edited:

Latest posts