well that was weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin1gamer

I was logged into the site but not the forums, how does that work exactly?

M

MeteorWayne

There are actually two separate logins. Don't know why, that's just the way it is.

D

doublehelix

MeteorWayne":4ye0os86 said:
There are actually two separate logins. Don't know why, that's just the way it is.

Theoretically, there should be just one login that gives you access to the forums and the article commenting feature. I log in every morning and use the login link in the upper right hand login box that sports the Tech Media network icon before you log in. I have had perhaps 2 wonky experiences with this after thousands of logins, both here and at home. I know there have been issues with this, though. Who else is still having problems with the login as far as having to log in two different places (the box in the upper right and the forum login link)?

-dh

M

MeteorWayne

When I reboot my computer, I am always still logged in on the main page, but am always not logged in on the forum.

If I''m totally logged out, logging in on the main page does not log me in to the forums, but logging in the the forums logs me in on the main page as well. (IE8/7 BTW)

M

Mee_n_Mac

MeteorWayne":17bdssd5 said:
When I reboot my computer, I am always still logged in on the main page, but am always not logged in on the forum.

If I''m totally logged out, logging in on the main page does not log me in to the forums, but logging in the the forums logs me in on the main page as well. (IE8/7 BTW)

What he ^^^^ said !! FWIW I find I'm randomly logged out on every machine I use. Sometimes the login may persist for a day or two, other times it might last but an hour. This is true even with the "keep me logged in" box checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts