Were all Hubble repairs completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willpittenger

If so, that would be an incredible record over the years. It seems that nearly every repair attempted succeeded during each mission.

BTW: Why did they attempt to repair the two instruments that broke down rather than simply replacing them with new versions?

Z

Zipi

As far as I have followed and tried to check things everything has been accomplished. But somebody who knows for sure could confirm this...

What comes to repairing instead of replacing, I guess it has been a money and/or time matter to build new instruments. Also I have understood that the main camera cannot be replaced which had that high definition feature still broken even after the repairs.

M

MeteorWayne

Yes, all repairs were completed. The high resolution channel of the Advanced Camera for Surveys was not recovered even after the repair as of this time, though they will make further efforts. For details and future comment please see the STS-125 Hubble repair Mission thread pinned at the top of this forum. The repair details toward the end of the mission are on the last few pages of the thread. I am closing this duplicate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.