Were you there Apollo 11 Launch?

Dec 13, 2022
Visit site
New to the forum but looking for anyone who was present at the Apollo 11 launch and their location. Also if you have any photo's or video of the people around you? Thanks.

Hello. Yes I was fortunate to be there sitting in the Stands next to the VAB at the invitation of Wernher himself. There were 500 people in the stands - notables from all over the country and the world - invited by Von Braun, and NASA officials, by President Nixon, etc. My invitation came due to the work I did in Huntsville as a physicist on the von Braun aeronautics team.

Tell me about yourself. Were you there too?

I'm Wayne Moore Ph.D. - please call me Wayne

Mod Edit - Please do not share contact information in the public forum. Instead, use private messaging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 18, 2023
Visit site
Hello. Yes I was fortunate to be there sitting in the Stands next to the VAB at the invitation of Wernher himself. There were 500 people in the stands - notables from all over the country and the world - invited by Von Braun, and NASA officials, by President Nixon, etc. My invitation came due to the work I did in Huntsville as a physicist on the von Braun aeronautics team.

Tell me about yourself. Were you there too?

I'm Wayne Moore Ph.D. - please call me Wayne

Mod Edit - Please do not share contact information in the public forum. Instead, use private messaging.
Hi Wayne. While I wasn't at the Cape, I vividly recall watching it at school when I was nine years old. Obviously hugely exciting to see.
My other half works closely with the Australian Space agency and Defence Department as a STEM coordinator.

We hope to visit the Kennedy Space Center one day

Latest posts