How To 

What’s the Best Way to See the Stars at Night?

x8uLogX.jpg

Every single night, without fail, the stars come out in all their glory. Sadly, most of us never get to see the full wonder of this beautiful display. There’s so much more to see than most of us in towns and cities are privy to. If you want to finally witness with your own eyes everything the night sky has to offer, here’s the best way to view the stars:

N6lO2iV.jpg

1. Darkness will reveal sights you could never have imagined.
Electric light have allowed us to transform human existence, but at the cost of the stars. We can no longer see all the sky has to offer, because light pollution gets in the way. The absolute best way to see the most brilliant stars is to get away from the city and find someplace that’s pitch black. There are many national parks and scenic locations that offer a “dark sky guarantee” and invite stargazers to come experience the magic.

8Rydm4H.jpg

2. Get as high up as you can.
Once you’ve found a suitably dark location, you can start thinking about other factors that affect viewing. One culprit is the atmosphere. In between us and space is our lovely atmosphere that keeps life on Earth going. But, it’s not great for stargazing. You know that twinkling that stars do sometimes? That’s atmospheric distortion at work. To combat this, get up as high as you can so that there’s less atmosphere between you and the stars.

3. To see it all, you don’t need any tool but your eyes.
Lastly, you don’t have to bring a telescope or binoculars, although you certainly can if you want to. The only tool you need is the same tool our ancestors used to gaze up at the night sky: your wonderfully curious human eyes.

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I am a new member, I was wondering if there is any way to view light pollution on earth live feeds? or feeds that are very current? I want to view images of Earth since CoVID19 and observe what cities have gone dark . thanks

Latest posts