What actually is EINSTEIN-ROSEN BRIDGE?

• Thread starter abhinavkumar_iitr05
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

I have came across the term Einstein-Rosen while going through a book and there was not a detailed description of this.I know a very little about this and want to learn more about it.<br /><br />All the ideas are whole heartdely accepted.

Y

yevaud

Well, if you've ever heard about the concept of a "Wormhole," that's in effect an Einstein-Rosen Bridge. It was realized that implied in the math as to Singularities (Black Holes, y'all) that this would in effect connect two different points in spacetime - either another location in our universe, or even another one entirely.<br /><br />Also implied is the possible existance of White Holes, which have been described as a "Black Hole running backwards." Although theoretically possible, we've never seen one, and doubtful we ever will.<br /><br />Some current (very speculative) thought on this is that the "White Hole" would actually be within another universe, and that in effect the output to it from a singularity here would be the cause of a "Big Bang" there. In short, our Black Holes may well be creating new universes.<br /><br />Hope that helps. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

V

vogon13

A more obscure denizen of this realm is the (in)famous Haslein curve.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Y

yevaud

Try this link for further information <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

Thanks a lot for the site Yevaud.It was really full of knowledge & I like the site very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.