what are the 5 stars that are underneath Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

astrodumi

What are the 5 stars that are underneath Orion at about 8 or 9 pm mst, viewed from northern AZ near Prescott. They are of a greater magnitude than Orion and arc up and to the left starting from about the middle of Orion to the left and the 5th being higher than the constellation. At 1st i thought this was a planetary alignment but I noticed these first in about late Nov. and they stay in the exact same position, every nite and if it were an alignment the faster moving planets would have changed position

H

heyscottie

You might be talking about Sirius-Procyon-Castor-Pollux-Saturn, but it's kind of difficult to tell based on what you wrote.<br /><br />Give a few more details, please, and I may be able to give a better answer.<br /><br />Also, you could check heavens-above.com for current star charts, where you could see the pictures for yourself, and then post back about what they turned out to be...<br /><br />Scott

T

tfwthom

astrodumi<br /><br />Our club (Sirius Lookers) is going to be doing some observing at our Two Trees site Feb 11th and 12th (89A south of Sedona, north of Cottonwood) if you want to show up and look through some scopes (weather permitting) My wife and I have to fly to NYC the 9th to the 12th so I will not be able to make it but there should be others to show you the sky.<br /><br />On March 11th and 12th the club will host a Messier Marathon Weekend at the Two Trees site that as of now I will make.<br /><br />For better directions and a map see the webpage (events) www.siriuslookers.org <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts