What is next to our sun?

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
What are we seeing in the daylight with the naked eye next to the sun???? You do have to wear sunglasses or a welding hood but by using the clouds to partially block the sun you can see it very easily in the Texas sky. I am NOT the only person seeing this but i cannot find anything on this subject. A familiar saying form many conspiracy theorist is that no one can stop what is coming. Is this planet like thing disrupting the earths magnetic poles and that is why they have shifted? I do understand that they are always moving slightly but they are more easily seen moving now. Any comments or information would be welcomed as we have nothing and remain literally in the dark. Will this disruption of earths magnet fields be what causes our upcoming blackout? Thanks for all who at least read this post

Reactions: JamesBrayn

COLGeek

Nothing but Mercury or our very own Parker Solar Probe.

Surely if there was something that can be seen with the naked eye, many would see it, have pictures, and there would be no mystery.

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Nothing but Mercury or our very own Parker Solar Probe.

Surely if there was something that can be seen with the naked eye, many would see it, have pictures, and there would be no mystery.
I have pictures but i cannot yet get them to up load. You can only view on a partial cloudy day because you have to use the clouds to block the sun. About ten of us have witnessed this object that is larger than our moon and can be seen all day. Thanks

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
JAMESSIMEK

What time of day did you see this object?

Cat :)
You can clearly view this object that is larger than the moon from sunrise all day until just before sunset. It has over the last two months rotated a little to a different position around the sun. It was located on the east northeast side of the sun and now it is located more on the east side. I am in south Texas.You can only view it on a cloudy day due to the sun being so bright using the clouds to partially block the sun. It is very easy to see. About ten of us have witnessed this. I personally saw it yesterday about 10 AM central

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
This is a photo of the object. It is not the moon. It always follows the sun and sometimes is behind the sun. It is getting larger. Thanks

LDT94Ews.jpeg

This is a photo of the object. It is not the moon. It always follows the sun and sometimes is behind the sun. It is getting larger. Thanks

LDT94Ews.jpeg
You can go to sites like Postimages.com where, for free, you can upload your image. Once it quickly uploads, you will need to select one of the links they give you. Copy the "forum" link, then paste it in a post.

It's a safe bet the clouds are responsible for this effect. There is no planet or other physical object that can cause this on any regular basis. "Sun dogs" and many other solar phenomena are not uncommon, though this does seem unusual.

COLGeek

You can go to sites like Postimages.com where, for free, you can upload your image. Once it quickly uploads, you will need to select one of the links they give you. Copy the "forum" link, then paste it in a post.

It's a safe bet the clouds are responsible for this effect. There is no planet or other physical object that can cause this on any regular basis. "Sun dogs" and many other solar phenomena are not uncommon, though this does seem unusual.
Yep. That appears to be a sun dog.

Reactions: JAMESSIMEK
Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Can you see sun dogs everyday and they are growing and rotating slowly around an arch near the sun? This object is getting larger and has moved over the two month period. It is very clear and it looks just like the moon at dusk or even when you see it during the day.. I wish i had a telescope. Thanks

Can you see sun dogs everyday and they are growing and rotating slowly around an arch near the sun? This object is getting larger and has moved over the two month period. It is very clear and it looks just like the moon at dusk or even when you see it during the day.. I wish i had a telescope. Thanks
Many strange appearances around the Sun are caused by ice crystals in our upper atmosphere. They are well-documented and are at a fixed angular size due to scattering laws. A normal rainbow obeys such laws as well though with liquid water droplets instead of ice.

Here is an article on a mirage effect of something similar to what you show.

Reactions: Brenton The Curios
Sundogs, scientific name parhelia, occur only when lots of moisture is driven very high into the atmosphere into very cold air. The moisture condenses into plates which fall horizontally. They cause a bright spot at 22 degrees either side of the Sun and at the same elevation. From any given spot in North America they are visible a dozen or so times per year.

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Many strange appearances around the Sun are caused by ice crystals in our upper atmosphere. They are well-documented and are at a fixed angular size due to scattering laws. A normal rainbow obeys such laws as well though with liquid water droplets instead of ice.

Here is an article on a mirage effect of something similar to what you show.
I appreciate the article and have already reviewed the China suns. This is very different as the appearance is white based in color and is similar to when you can see the moon during the day except it is more pronounced and sharp. I have witnessed this every day that it is cloudy as you need something to block the sun partially then you can see it. I am fairly positive it is there all the time. Thanks

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Sundogs, scientific name parhelia, occur only when lots of moisture is driven very high into the atmosphere into very cold air. The moisture condenses into plates which fall horizontally. They cause a bright spot at 22 degrees either side of the Sun and at the same elevation. From any given spot in North America they are visible a dozen or so times per year.
I agree with your statement but i am seeing this object every day that there are some clouds and you can see it all day long under these conditions. In south Texas i am seeing it at about the two o clock position around 10 am. As the sun moves so does this object--like it is fixed with the suns orbit. This is why i am so curious and looking for answers. Thanks

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
I cannot see it now because there are no clouds where i am at and the sun is too bright. Can you actually see the sun with those filters? Thanks
Where are you located? Just thinking that if you cannot see anything with that filter maybe it could be blocked by the position you are viewing from. Just a thought. I am in south Texas and at about 10 AM it is located in about the two o clock position. Thanks

Have you tried using an image host site to give us some pictures to work with?

Please tell us how many solar diameters the object is from the Sun, center to center or the gap between them? You can use degrees if you like since the Sun is about 1/2 degree in diameter.

How many days have you been observing this, at least when you first saw it since today is likely a clear day for you. [I'm in San Antonio.]

Reactions: Brenton The Curios
Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Have you tried using an image host site to give us some pictures to work with?

Please tell us how many solar diameters the object is from the Sun, center to center or the gap between them? You can use degrees if you like since the Sun is about 1/2 degree in diameter.

How many days have you been observing this, at least when you first saw it since today is likely a clear day for you. [I'm in San Antonio.]
Well to begin with i am just a beginner so please don't beat me up. LOL I only have the photos taken with my phone that i posted but they only post very small. I am trying to get something better. The size of the object is
LDT94Ews.jpeg
smaller than the sun (very hard to determine due to the limited viewing time) But in comparison to the moon it is a little bigger. I first noticed it on May 21/2021 and try to look every time i can. My friends have seen it also so i know i am not crazy. LOL

I suggest that you get some eyeglasses that are certified safe for looking at the sun.

For one reason, if you continue to try to use clouds as filters, you may damage your eyes.

And the other reason is that you could then safely view the sun in all sorts of conditions. That would allow you to find out if this thing only appears when there are clouds, or if it is some thing independent of the clouds.

You can start here to look for such glasses.

Some are very cheap. make sure the ones you get are certified for looking at the sun.

Reactions: Pogo and Helio

Latest posts