What is the origin of 6-sided Moon craters

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
I notice that many of the Moon craters have 6 sides, like the resonance seen in many other natural formations and even in natural constructions of bees, and am wondering if this is caused by resonance set up by occasional meteor impact as I read that astronauts said the Moon rang like a bell for a long period as if it is hollow when under their observation, and it is said that the Moon has some qualities that would indicate that it is indeed hollow.

Another possibility is that some kind of electrical resonance has caused these 6-sided crater formations.

Also, other natural forces produce the 6-sided basalt columns and the same form is exhibited in some smaller crystal systems for instance such as in aragonite.

I would value your input on this as I have never seen this mentioned or explained by anyone so far. Thankyou

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Welcome Dave99
Congratulations on your first post. However, I must advise you that most here would like facts and hearsay is generally disregarded. For a start, can you tell us names of craters which have six straight sides?

Start as you mean to go on, and provide us with solid things to convince us.

Cat :)

Reactions: Craftsman X

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Let's analyse this:
"The moon also emits powder into orbit around the planet. This falls to the surface and covers up older openings. Our science teaches us they're billions of years old. They're really quite new. And aspects are deliberately buried (to borrow a phrase)."

"The moon (should be Moon) emits powder" By what means? What actually happens is that powder (regolith) is raised above the Moon's surface by meteoroid impact.

"This falls to the surface and covers up older openings." Older openings? What does this mean? Just holes the dust falls into? Doors with combination locks?

"Our science teaches us they're billions of years old. They're really quite new." Does the "openings" refer to anything allegedly known by science, or imaginary openings?

"And aspects are deliberately buried (to borrow a phrase)." Buried by whom? Don't tell me - let me guess.

Just words like: emits, falls, covers, teaches, really, deliberately.
Not a "guess" in sight to hide behind.
Please tell us where all this certainty comes from?

I notice that many of the Moon craters have 6 sides, like the resonance seen in many other natural formations and even in natural constructions of bees, and am wondering if this is caused by resonance set up by occasional meteor impact as I read that astronauts said the Moon rang like a bell for a long period as if it is hollow when under their observation, and it is said that the Moon has some qualities that would indicate that it is indeed hollow.

Another possibility is that some kind of electrical resonance has caused these 6-sided crater formations.

Also, other natural forces produce the 6-sided basalt columns and the same form is exhibited in some smaller crystal systems for instance such as in aragonite.

I would value your input on this as I have never seen this mentioned or explained by anyone so far. Thankyou

I haven't seen any six sided craters, but that only means I haven't seen them.

I have seen explanations for such thing however. They result from things like the cells in a coffee cup when you pour in some creamer.

Most of these phenomena result in a round shape. But when several round shapes are superposed, the result is hexagonal. I've seen the math for it, but can't present it here. Basically though the pressure that formed the crater met the pressure wave from another impact and the then formed a somewhat flattened wall there.

It would demand near simultaneous impacts. Such things can happen if a large body is disrupted shortly before it hits. It may also be the result of ejecta from a larger strike some distance away.

It would be relatively rare.

Latest posts