Which telescope brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

n_kitson

I'm planning on purchasing a small refractor. In particular, I am looking at the Orion Explorer 90mm. However, before I jump in, is this a good brand? Should I rather look at the Celestron, Meade, or another?

B

bbrock

Actually, that is an excellent choice for that price range. Orion is also an excellent choice. The 3.6" aperture will give you a max useful magnification of 180x at a focal ratio of f/10. You should not have a problem with chromatic aberation at a maximum 180x. <br /><br />My personal choices of telescope manufacturers are Orion/Celestron then Meade. Celestron would be the choice for the higher end amature and low end - mid range professional research telescopes. Orion is the leading company in amature equipment, quality and customer service. Meade had earned the reputation for being difficult to contact and recently lower quality control. <br /><br />You won't go wrong purchasin from Orion, even if it is Celestron Equipment. Orion and Celestron seem to have merged. <br /><br />Clear Skies<br />Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts