Who can clear this problem??????

• Thread starter abhinavkumar_iitr05
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

When I was going through a science journal I found that scientist were able to take the photograph of the universe when was just 4 sec old.Now I want to know how is this possible?

N

nevers

Here is an article from right here at SDC - WMAP<br /><br />or the condensed version:<br /><br /><font color="yellow"><b>"The results come from measurements of radiation emitted before there were any stars."</b></font>/safety_wrapper>

A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

Thanks for the reply.But what I really want to know was that from where does this radiation originated?Does the speed of expansion of the universe was at a faster rate than that of the speed or EM radiation?If no then why this is received today only?How can we give the age to the radiation?

R

rhodan

<i>The radiation is not only recieved today..it is always there.</i><br /><br />The 'snow' you get when you haven't tuned the channels on your TV set yet, part of that is CMBR too.

A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

Thanks for the reply.But it raise my interest in the microwave background.How can we say that these r produced only after Big Bang?What was the source of there origin?How can we know the initial wavelength of the radiation so that we can find the time of their origin?<br />Regarding ur statement <br /><br />_____________________________________________________________________________________<br /><br />The radiation is not only recieved today..it is always there. This happens because radiation was sent from every spot in every direction during the recombination. It is therefore also recieved at every spot at any time<br /><br />______________________________________________________________________________________<br /><br />What I want to ask is that how was it produced at the place where no mass/energy exist?What is the limit of the universe that we r saying that it was produced everywhere?<br /><br /><br />Also I want to know that Can we use the radiation for the production of the useful energy?

M

mythrz

I frequently tune into CMBR and have tried to watch as much as possible. Very entertaining snow (my shot at pun). I watch it when my cable goes out.

N

nexium

Photograph likely infers far more detail and 4 seconds is the result of numerous assumptions some of which fit together well. If the CMBR is not from the big bag, I have not heard an alternative explanation of what else could produce a signal coming from all directions of uniform amplitude, bandwidth and frequency. The snow on your TV is likely less than 1% from the CMBR. Most of it is thermal noise produced in the first RF amplifier stage. Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts