Who is Your Favorite Apollo Astronaut?

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Woggles

Guenter Wendt, ok ok ok not an astronaut but I do know most of the guy's would had love to had him along for the ride!!!

Wow a favorite. I met a few of them. I can’t say Buzz. Seem to stand offish for me. I guess I have to say Dick Gordon. He was a laugh and wow, can that boy drink. He may have been in his 70’s but could he put them back. I couldn’t keep up! Lol. True story.

B

BrianBoru

Great question. But I couldn't pick a single absolute favorite.

I like how Armstrong conducted himself while he was an astronaut, and how he purposely maintained a relatively private life, afterward.

I liked the kid-like exuberance of Pete Conrad.

I like how Bean has created memorable art of the Apollo Missions. Art often has a more profound impact, than the 'true life' representation - in this instance, photographs.

I admire the way Scott fought for his mission.

I am in awe of the professionalism and endurance of Young.

I also greatly admire the intestinal fortitude of Aldrin. To have faced his demons while very much in the public spotlight, and to have come out of his 'dark' period, to once again champion the cause for space exploration. Incredible story.

B

babea

Buzz Aldrin, has to be the name...but Neil ranks a close second even though he was first on the surface.

S

SteveCNC

I'd have to say Buzz Aldrin stands out as my all time favorite and Allen Sheppard is next but truth be told to me they were all Hero's . I grew up watching pretty much every launch since Mercury when my father woke me up at 4:30 AM to watch it sit on the pad for several hours lol but even then I knew space was the future .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts