Why can you see the Moon during the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brandbll

Just recently there was an article about why you could see the Moon during the day. I didn't even bother to read such a conspiracy and i'm not sure why SDC even posted it. Everyone knows that what you see during the day isn't the moon, but is the reflection of the Earth off of the upper most level of the atmosphere. Just look at it closely and you can make out all the continents and oceans. If you have a pair of binoculars you can even see the only visible man made object from space, the Great Wall of China.

C

CommonMan

brandbll":1cal8rn9 said:
Just recently there was an article about why you could see the Moon during the day. I didn't even bother to read such a conspiracy and i'm not sure why SDC even posted it. Everyone knows that what you see during the day isn't the moon, but is the reflection of the Earth off of the upper most level of the atmosphere. Just look at it closely and you can make out all the continents and oceans. If you have a pair of binoculars you can even see the only visible man made object from space, the Great Wall of China.

What? You are joking right?

B

brandbll

CommonMan":o5966r3l said:
brandbll":o5966r3l said:

What? You are joking right?

The only joke is one being played on all the people that think they can see the moon during the day.

J

jim48

See? I told you! This is what happens when you post a thread during cocktail hour! :lol:

O

origin

One time I was using a friends 12" dobson and we focused in on the earths reflection and we could see ourselves waving in the reflection. It was kind of like watching yourself on the 7-11 security cams...

I think that the military could use this to our advantage, instead of launching expensive spy satelites we could use ground based telescopes and just keep an eye on the earths reflection.

The thing I don't get is, "why is this worthy topic of debate in the unexplainded"?

A

Archer17

origin":2epqzdi3 said:
...The thing I don't get is, "why is this worthy topic of debate in the unexplainded"?
It's a teaser actually. What the OP will eventually get around to - when he returns from a summit on Venus - is that there is no moon at all, the Earth is hollow, and we actually live inside our planet.

O

origin

Archer17":1aa96mee said:
origin":1aa96mee said:
...The thing I don't get is, "why is this worthy topic of debate in the unexplainded"?
It's a teaser actually. What the OP will eventually get around to - when he returns from a summit on Venus - is that there is no moon at all, the Earth is hollow, and we actually live inside our planet.

yes...yes; the old reflective earth ploy, very clever, very clever indeed...

M

MeteorWayne

brandbll,

I can't believe how naive you are. The reflections are not from the atmosphere, but rather from one of the crystal spheres...they've been known about for centuries...many centuries in fact!

S

silylene

brandbll":i0vztoxj said:
.........Everyone knows that what you see during the day isn't the moon, but is the reflection of the Earth off of the upper most level of the atmosphere. Just look at it closely and you can make out all the continents and oceans. .....

Actually, you see a reflection of what the earth appeared like 2.11 seconds earlier. Light travels at a finite speed, you know. The earth could've blown up, but if you watch the reflection, we'll still look safe, blue and happy two seconds later.
;)

B

brandbll

MeteorWayne":2t6p3ioo said:
brandbll,

I can't believe how naive you are. The reflections are not from the atmosphere, but rather from one of the crystal spheres...they've been known about for centuries...many centuries in fact!

Thanks for the info Wayne, never knew about that but i'll consult Wikipedia. Probably another reason why they could have never made it to the moon, unless they blew a hole in it. I guess with Buzz's strength he could have just punched his fist through it...

B

brandbll

Archer17":1pkrgao4 said:
origin":1pkrgao4 said:

Actually i already told everyone that the Moon does exist. It's just actually smaller and much closer to the Earth than we think it is, and Aliens have a large mining operation on the far side of the Moon.

B

brandbll

silylene":1ix6w5iu said:
brandbll":1ix6w5iu said:
.........Everyone knows that what you see during the day isn't the moon, but is the reflection of the Earth off of the upper most level of the atmosphere. Just look at it closely and you can make out all the continents and oceans. .....

Actually, you see a reflection of what the earth appeared like 2.11 seconds earlier. Light travels at a finite speed, you know. The earth could've blown up, but if you watch the reflection, we'll still look safe, blue and happy two seconds later.
;)

This is a very good point Sileyene. Most people talk about how if the Sun blew up you wouldn't know it for 7 minutes or something. But if you were in a plane looking up and the Earth suddenly exploded you wouldn't know it for 2.11 seconds. Very good point..

C

CommonMan

Oh…..give me a break! Is this the Unexplained or the Twilight Zone. :roll:

J

jim48

MeteorWayne":lxjdh77d said:
brandbll,

I thought it was crystal skulls? Nurse, gimme' another drink! ;)

C

CommonMan

jim48":lkpcqgzn said:
MeteorWayne":lkpcqgzn said:
brandbll,

I thought it was crystal skulls? Nurse, gimme' another drink! ;)

Nurse! Don’t you mean (bartender?)

T

trumptor

how come when you follow the reflection into dusk the actual moon gradually appears at the exact same place and continues to cross the sky in the same direction? How is this explained? Is what we see during the night still the same reflection and we've never actually seen our real moon or what?

S

StarRider1701

trumptor":2f3fqo2g said:
Is what we see during the night still the same reflection and we've never actually seen our real moon or what?

Of course not! Everybody know that aliens are stip-mining the moon but they don't want us to know so they've projected a hologram of what the moon used to look like onto our upper atmosphere using tiny crystals that float on the upper layers of air molecules.

Hey Jimbo, is your Nurse/bartender as good looking as mine! I gotta hot brunette... and she's bringing me another one too. Who'da guessed? :lol:

M

Mee_n_Mac

trumptor":pvo261mv said:
how come when you follow the reflection into dusk the actual moon gradually appears at the exact same place and continues to cross the sky in the same direction?

Isn't that what it's supposed to do ?

How is this explained?

Orbital mechanics.

Is what we see during the night still the same reflection and we've never actually seen our real moon or what?

Errrrr, what ?

S

Smersh

brandbll":y54vnnvz said:

Hi Brandbll - sorry I only just got to this thread of yours and your very interesting theory. I still remember your ground-breaking (well, on the moon anyway) thread about NASA bombing the lunar landing sites with nukes to cover up ... erm ... I forget now. Well, whatever they were trying to cover up anyway. (You said some bloke at NASA told you IIRC - and no wonder the woo-woos call them "Never A Straight Answer.")

Anyway, when NASA bombed the moon with nukes, was this during the daytime or at night? If it was during the day, wouldn't that have presented problems with NASA getting confused and bombing the Earth instead?

(Just saying that's all.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts