Why Europa and not Ganymede

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yurkin

I thought I’d annoy people with that comment.<br />For the record, even when not taking into account the distances, Mars is more habitably then Callisto. But beyond mars and moon the Gallian satellites are the next most likely destination. Energy to heat and power the settlement could come from fusion power, by the time we get that far out I suspect fusion technology would have been perfected. But perhaps Ganymede would be better, more rocks and metals and gravity to work with.<br />

Q

quasar2

i don`t think we have a "planetary bias", @least not yet, anyways. in reality, we are still in infancy in OuterSpace development. it just so happens that a "planet" is easier to go to @ this time. if we were to have a space "habitat", L1 is far easier for us, once again, "at this time". <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts