why is this place so slow

Aug 22, 2019
Visit site
Hey there,

Space.com is still a brand new forum community, so bear with! Our previous forum from ten years ago boasted more than half a million users, but took half a decade to build up. You can see already we're gearing up for steady discussion here, and there's tons of stuff going on, but it isn't yet up to full speed. Forums take a little bit of time to get really going. Stick around for a little, and I'm sure you'll see more discussion and threads than you can possibly be able to get through in a day.

For now, chime in over at the Question of the Week - https://forums.space.com/threads/what-is-your-favorite-weird-fact-about-space.30223/ and take a peek at some of the other responses. You can also look to see what's hot in the forums by clicking that "Trending" link on the left-hand side.

Reactions: Lutfij

COLGeek

Keep dreaming it is never going to get back to where it was because of Facebook. Most forums aren't the same as they were before Facebook. Its sad but true.
I can't speak to the history of the Space forum, but we have a HUGE community at Tom's Hardware that thrives and has for many years.

Social media certainly influences participation. I do not use any form of social media for both personal and professional reasons.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
I can't speak to the history of the Space forum, but we have a HUGE community at Tom's Hardware that thrives and has for many years.

Social media certainly influences participation. I do not use any form of social media for both personal and professional reasons.

I will check it out. That is good you don't use social media. The problem is much of the planet is stuck on that now. It's instant gratification. Although at one time in 2008 until FB most forums always had people on to share ideas with and debate. Instead of only a few people.

COLGeek

I will check it out. That is good you don't use social media. The problem is much of the planet is stuck on that now. It's instant gratification. Although at one time in 2008 until FB most forums always had people on to share ideas with and debate. Instead of only a few people.
Instant gratification and confirmation of (often wrong) beliefs. "Mental crack" to further one's addiction, so to speak.

I prefer a more well rounded, intellectually honest means to exchange ideas and assist others.

Latest posts