Why The RLV Was Cancelled???

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Swampcat

marcel_leonard":232tluzv said:
I would also remind you that if you don't having anything to contribute to this topic you can also move your unwelcomed spammy moderator post as well!!!!

Bye-bye, marcel. Im sure we'll be seeing your name on the Banned Users List soon :lol:

V

vulture4

To get back to the matter at hand, now that we have apparently succeeded in terminating both Shuttle and Constellation, there may be significant available funds. The length of time excess money remains available at NASA is measured in microseconds, so ideas need to be out there now. I suggest we propose to re-initiate the RLV technology demonstrator program with emphasis on a stepwise program for funded technology development based intially on suborbital, subscale, automated reusable vehicles, not a crash program to throw people into space, and present that position in a persuasive manner to political leaders, NASA managers, and the space enthusiast community.

M

MeteorWayne

marcel_leonard":2fbbk88g said:
MeteorWayne":2fbbk88g said:
marcel, please do not repeat your off topic, spammy posts. It has been moved to a moderator holding area for further review.

I would also remind you that if you don't having anything to contribute to this topic you can also move your unwelcomed spammy moderator post as well!!!!

Discussion of moderator actions is not permitted in the open forums.

M

marcel_leonard

vulture4":5h7nxzzl said:
To get back to the matter at hand, now that we have apparently succeeded in terminating both Shuttle and Constellation, there may be significant available funds. The length of time excess money remains available at NASA is measured in microseconds, so ideas need to be out there now. I suggest we propose to re-initiate the RLV technology demonstrator program with emphasis on a stepwise program for funded technology development based intially on suborbital, subscale, automated reusable vehicles, not a crash program to throw people into space, and present that position in a persuasive manner to political leaders, NASA managers, and the space enthusiast community.

I agree there has been no time like the present for us to try, and find low cost space delivery systems. I find it hard to believe that after two thousand years of studying rocketry the we have no other alternative to very expensive one-time-use Delta V/Airana boosters :?:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XieRkM5asw[/youtube]

S

SpaceTas

The news reports indicate that the DOD x-37 flights are to test out various technologies; including materials to withstand re-entry.

M

marcel_leonard

The problem w/ both the Obama/Bush administration is that both didn't utilize the full extent of the Space program to generate public opinion of the potential economic benefits of long term space exploration.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to get excited about new developments in space technologies and exploration. All you have to do is to invest a few dollars in public relations and education. Likes was done by the Kennedy administration; JFK didn't hesitate to take advantage of his presidential podium as a spin doctor whipping the public into a frenzy over the challenges of going to the moon....

President Obama has yet to make the mandatory address to NASA/the general public about his intention when it comes his cabinets historic role in the future of space exploration, just as every president has done since JFK's "We choose to go to the moon..." speech!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oYI1CNaGrc&NR=1

Status
Not open for further replies.