will the satellite destruction be aired live anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatal291

i know its not nasa related but i was wondering where and what time would i be able to view it tonight

S

scottcarlin

Even if the Navy had the capability to broadcast a live video feed to the rest of the world, which they don't, they wouldn't for security purposes. It looks like we're SOL. Our best bet would possibly have a News station in Hawaii broadcast it if it was visible there.

R

rybanis

CNN and MSNBC are reporting that USA 193 has been destroyed tonight. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

docm

More info in the existing thread in this forum. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

adrenalynn

Absolutely the Navy has the technology to do exactly that.<br /><br />The DDG78 (USS Porter), which I was aboard for the commissioning of, had video conferencing capability. <br /><br />Squirt the bird, video conference back to mainland, take a feed from the video conferencing unit on the mainland, and give it to a satellite truck, which squirts the bird again and downlinks to the news stations. Trivial. Have it up and running in five minutes.<br /><br />I do agree though that opsec wouldn't allow for it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>.</p><p><font size="3">bipartisan</font>  (<span style="color:blue" class="pointer"><span class="pron"><font face="Lucida Sans Unicode" size="2">bī-pär'tĭ-zən, -sən</font></span></span>) [Adj.]  Maintaining the ability to blame republications when your stimulus plan proves to be a devastating failure.</p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000"><font color="#ff0000">IMPE</font><font color="#c0c0c0">ACH</font> <font color="#0000ff"><font color="#c0c0c0">O</font>BAMA</font>!</font></strong></p> </div>

E

earth_bound_misfit

I'm surprised at the footage that they released. It's very good. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------- </p><p>Wanna see this site looking like the old SDC uplink?</p><p>Go here to see how: <strong>SDC Eye saver </strong>  </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.