Will we ever find antigravity, matter or energy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djtt

how would you imagine antigravity?<br />i dont see the concept work for me to be honest

D

derekmcd

"<i>Can we explain dark energy as antigravity?"</i><br /><br />No. It is basically a theoretical force that counteracts and overcomes the effects of gravity over very, very large scales of the Universe.<br /><br />For something to exhibit properties of anti-gravity, it would have to be shown to actually eliminate or shield the effects, not simply counteract it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div> </div><br /><div><span style="color:#0000ff" class="Apple-style-span">"If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing." - Homer Simpson</span></div> </div>

L

lukman

To understand anti gravity is to understand other force of weak and strong nuclear force, so, there is no such thing as anti gravity, nothing in the universe resemble anything like it. But of course we can make things which will result similar to it, for example aeroplane, we can defy gravity but not "anti gravity" anti gravity is something like anti matter, something totally opposite. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

simbo

Yes! All the observations attributed to dark matter can be better explained by the existence of anti-gravity matter. In summary the theory is that:-<br /><br />1) The universe contains anti-gravity matter. It has positive mass but is repelled from itself and from normal matter (that is stars, planets, us, etc) so it spreads out fairly evenly throughout deep space. <br />2) Normal matter objects cause a hole in the anti-gravity matter. A single star might cause a hole a few light years in diameter.<br />3) Normal matter objects feel an attraction to any region of space which has a reduced density of anti-gravity matter (due to an unbalanced lack of repulsion).<br />4) The hole around a normal matter object therefore adds to its gravity but the strength of the effect varies with radius.<br />5) An anti-gravity matter vortex also has a reduced density and attracts normal matter objects.<br />6) Anti-gravity matter also causes drag on objects passing through it because they disturb it and pass energy to it.<br /><br />Anti-gravity matter can be used to explain:-<br />o Velocity profile of orbiting objects in galaxies and the apparent extra mass of galaxies and clusters of galaxies,<br />o Shapes of galaxies,<br />o The lumpiness of galaxy distribution,<br />o The speed of galaxy formation in the early universe,<br />o Expansion of the universe,<br />o The Kuiper cliff<br /><br />It's all at http://www.preston.u-net.com/AGMatter/Index.htm

C

chesh

That's not true. There is not the slightest observable, publishable evidence to support a single incredible claim in your writings.<br /><br />Come down to earth, mate.

W

why06

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p>Can we explain dark energy as antigravity? <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />I suppose you already know my opinion of this....<br />though actually many people believe the acceleration of the galaxies does not need to be explained by anything other than the big bang it self.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div>________________________________________ <br /></div><div><ul><li><font color="#008000"><em>your move...</em></font></li></ul></div> </div>

W

why06

I agree. I will have to add that site as support for my tachyon idea.<br /><br />Thanks <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div>________________________________________ <br /></div><div><ul><li><font color="#008000"><em>your move...</em></font></li></ul></div> </div>

W

why06

It seems all proven by the same law as Newton to me. It makes as much since as the Earth orbiting the sun. Your point? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div>________________________________________ <br /></div><div><ul><li><font color="#008000"><em>your move...</em></font></li></ul></div> </div>

W

why06

too much??? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div>________________________________________ <br /></div><div><ul><li><font color="#008000"><em>your move...</em></font></li></ul></div> </div>

S

simbo

The evidence is:-<br />Galaxy shapes - disc, core, spiral arms, bar (what other explanation is there?).<br />Apparent extra mass of galaxies and clusters and distribution of it.<br />Speed of development of galaxies in the early universe.<br />Transparency of deep space.<br />and a whole load of other unexplained things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts