Giveaway Win a Celestron - 114LCM Computerized Newtonian Telescope

Page 10 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Dec 12, 2019
Visit site
All the animations that depict the Big Bang from a distance, are wrong. There was no such thing as "distance" before the Big Bang.

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
Fact: the temperature of outer space is 2.73° K. It blows my mind that there is a medium that all matter and energy resides in, and we can observe it indirectly.

Of course it would be nice to win a telescope, but hi everyone and happy solstice!

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
Pulsar, in full pulsating radio star, any of a class of cosmic objects, the first of which were discovered through their extremely regular pulses of radio waves. Some objects are known to give off short rhythmic bursts of visible light, X-rays, and gamma radiation as well, and others are “radio-quiet” and emit only at X- or gamma-ray wavelengths.

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
The Far side of the Moon is mistakenly often called the Dark side of the Moon , which is not true while the Moon is in between us and the Sun ,at which time it is bathed in sunlight.

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
The first pulsar discovered was given the name LGM-1, a joke reference to Little Green Men because the regular radio emissions may possibly have been a sign of them emanating from an source created by artificial intelligence.

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
I think the most important fact about space is the fact that we honestly still know so little about it. We don't know if theres other intelligent life out there, we dont know what was going on before the big bang. We dont even know if our universe is the only universe. But i think the most interesting fact is that about 95% of the "stuff" in the universe we still haven't directly observed. Only about 5% of the universe is normal easily observable matter. About 27% or so is "dark" matter increasing the speed of galaxy rotations and such things. And about 68% is "dark" energy. Which is expanding the universe it self at ever increasing speed. What's more interesting is there has been new models over the years that have proposed the possibility of there not being "dark" matter or energy at all. Hypothesis such as quantized inertia and modified Newtonian dynamics. The former is even being tested by DARPA over the coming years. Yes I'd say the most interesting and important fact about space is that there is still so much to discover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts