*WINNER ANNOUNCED!* Win The Ultimate Space Prize Bundle Giveaway from Space.com!

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2020
Visit site
Redstone rocket used in the very first manned suborbital flights in the Mercury program. It got the job done when we needed to get our foot in the door. The design painted on the side of the rocket was distinctive, but simple.

Reactions: diemaloha
Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
Definitely the space shuttle! The versatile workhorse that helped build the ISS, launch and repair Hubble and added 100's of names to the list of people who have visited space. Seeing the Atlantis exhibit at the cape was profound.

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
My favourite fictional spaceship is Voyager. Alone, trapped in the Delta Quadrant, it stood the test against the Kazon, Vidiaans, Hirogen, Species 8472, and the Borg. However, my favourite real-life spaceship is the Space Shuttle. There was such a majesty and beauty in the way it looked at launch, riding piggyback while being transferred to a launch site, and when landing. Not to mention how glorious it looked when the bay doors would open for various reasons. While we are taking exciting steps to once again launch from American soil, I will always hold a special place in my heart for the Space Shuttle and the various STS Missions.
The shuttle was so much more than the sum of its parts, successes, and failures. It was an iconic work of art. Nothing since can match it's majesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts