*WINNER ANNOUNCED!* Win The Ultimate Space Prize Bundle Giveaway from Space.com!

Page 17 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
Uhm, that would be me in my 03 Mazda pretending that I'm queueing up with the upper atmosphere and gathering speed using the curvature and rotation of the Earth to assist. Making the most of tightly curved off ramps. Pshew!

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
2kowF1X.png

One super lucky winner is taking home an amazing bundle of space themed goodies in this giveaway!

- (1) LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V 21309 Outer Space Model Rocket Building Kit (1969 Pieces)
- (1) Space.com hat
- (1) Space.com patch
- (3) 11x17 Space.com 20th anniversary posters
- (1 each) signed copies of The Martian and Artemis by Andy Weir

a5uARJi.jpg

Entering the contest is super simple:

Sign in and leave a comment on this thread telling us your all time favorite spaceship (only comments in this thread are eligible) and

Serenity

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
Real, easily the Saturn V hands down, not even a contest. SciFi would have to be the Space 1999 Eagle. Used to a 3 foot long toy version of it. Wish I still had it.

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Saturn V I like it because think about it, how old is that? And how long will it take for something to surpass it? It was built to do more than take us to the moon, I just hope we don't lose that technology in the future when it may be needed.

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
My favourite spaceship has got to be New Horizons. I was born too late to witness the exploration of the other planets, and so being able to witness the flyby of Pluto and Charon when I was 15 was extremely exciting to me, especially when the first images came streaming in. Pluto and Charon had previously been thought of as "uninteresting" worlds, because of they were both so far away and nobody expected there to be anything unusual. New Horizons changed all of that, and showed us how breathtaking and 'alive' these worlds truly are. I'm in the middle of writing a space talk about the New Horizons flyby right now, in an effort to get more people excited about future exploration of this distant binary planetary system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts