Work to Develop New and Better Means of Space Travel Ever Continuing!

Jan 28, 2023
Visit site
A good article and work that is always needed! I didn't find it if we already knew about it:

To make plasma from metals with energy collected in batteries from photovoltaic panels? For the trust space sheeps? Bad idea if not have too light mass which is impossible because weight of photovoltaic panels, batteries which I believe that not will have never enough capacity and weight of metals that must play role of the "fuel".
By the way, the article in the indicated source is so poorly written that I didn't even read it to the end. They do better in the tabloids.

Phys.org is one of three science news websites under the umbrella of ScienceX, which is owned by Omicron Limited, 36 Hope Street, Douglas, IM1 1AR, Isle of Man

The address is an insurance company, a large glass building, very high end. Omicron Ltd seems legit.

The Isle of Man is a British dependency used by many corporations for their registration address due to the very low or no taxes. Since the corporations are simply a piece of paper in a drawer, they don't use public services. It's a great deal for both sides. It does not imply they have lax laws, although they have a reputation for money laundering.

So, what is going on here? My guess it is being taken off a site at the university and then rewritten by AI. In reading the details in their FAQ's, they discuss a lot of things like algorithms for selection, gauging of consumer interest. They insist, however, that all articles are "hand selected and curated". This leaves a lot of room for AI. When you click on the source, it send you back to the original article. Circular sourcing.

Dr. Minkwan Kim works at University of Southampton, does a lot of work with plasmas. His web pages lists his papers. Phys.org likely got ahold of one and between AI and a human, we got an article makes no sense.

The invention apparently gives a method for generating reaction mass. As George points out, where you going to get the energy? It would have been nice to mention that. I guess they are assuming a nuclear or fusion based source of energy and they only lack the reaction mass. And what is with the need to burn it? Must have oxides? Scratching my head on that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: George²

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts