WORM HOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OleNewt

A wormhole is a purely theoretical construct that provides a shortcut to an otherwise inaccessible part of the universe. Very unstable, and so energetic that you might as well just fly into a black hole.

B

bearack

My understanding (limited of course) is that they are theoretically plausible (I might have plausible and possible muddled here), but the energy required is well past our current abilities.

V

vastbluesky92

Well, even if had as much energy as we wanted, we still wouldn't really have any idea how to make a working one.

S

Saiph

Wormholes are theoretical bridges between one point in space and time, to another.

While theoretically possible the requirements to make one of any real size or length...so you can go any real distance, with a significant sized object...are bizarre and believed to be untennable. Things like needing 'exotic matter' or matter with a negative mass..

Then there's other things that dictate that a significant wormhole wouldn't really be allowed to exist, as it begins to break causality and energy conservation....

C

clint_dreamer

Does anyone know where the term "wormhole" originated?

EDIT: A quick wikipedia search tells me that American Theoretical Physicist John Archibald Wheeler coined the term in 1957

J

jeffreyUzoka

I always Loved these facts... During the birthday of one of my friends at school, I got a book on Science and when I opened it on of its topics was on the WORM HOLE. Recently I've been reading up on Astronomy and I thought that if I could read up on this worm hole I could tell my friends about it (because I normally tell them about what I've read on astronomy). I believe in the worm hole because it quite a fascinating topic and it says that when you travel at the speed of light, a worm hole opens and takes you either to the past or the future.
So FROM my knowledge about the worm hole, IT EXISTS.
"Imagine being in the past when Albert Einstein was still alive or during King, Queens and knights it will be quite scary"
or"during the future you would see the latest technology for improving Astronomy and other aspects in life."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts