'X-Men' Director to Remake 'Superman'

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

booyah

Whats with all the super people movies?<br /><br /> - Spiderman<br /> - Spiderman 2<br /> - Cat Woman<br /> - (now) Superman<br /> - (i didnt know this) X-men

D

drwayne

I heard that there is a Fantastic 4 movie somewhere in the works..<br /><br />Wayne <br /><br />p.s. Holy cow, I'm a comet! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

B

booyah

Wait i forgot about Thunderbirds : Are go!, I wish I knew why there are so many super hero movies!

D

drwayne

I heard some years ago that a Silver Surfer movie was in the works....never came to anything though...<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

B

booyah

You think that their doing it for money? (of course they are) But how come super heros? There kinda stupid. I mean why not some thing cooler (or better)?

A

arobie

I guess right now alot of people think super heroes are cool.

D

drwayne

I still think they are cool. And there is an advantage in story telling if folks already know your characters.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

L

Leovinus

It doesn't need to be remade. Why don't they just stick a knife in Reeves' back. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

tom_hobbes

<font color="yellow">Why don't they just stick a knife in Reeves' back</font><br /><br />Indeed, he's a sitting target. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#339966"> I wish I could remember<br /> But my selective memory<br /> Won't let me</font><font size="2" color="#99cc00"> </font><font size="3" color="#339966"><font size="2">- </font></font><font size="1" color="#339966">Mark Oliver Everett</font></p><p> </p> </div>

W

wmdragon

cruel! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

W

wmdragon

talk about coincidence. just last night I rented a bizarre Roger Corman movie. one of the trailers was of an old, cheap Fantastic 4 movie. the preview said it was coming to theaters, which surprised me given how low rent it was. <br /><br />[researching IMDB]<br /><br />ah there, the movie was shelved before release! didnt even make it to video. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

D

drwayne

I am sure there are those that felt the same way about George Reeve when the movie came out.<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

D

drwayne

I hear about that movie.<br /><br />There was a Captain America movie made back in the 1980s (I think) that died a fairly quick death...<br /><br />There were a few episodes of a TV series with Captain America back in the late 70's<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

J

jcdenton

Bryan Singer has already proved himself as a good director with The Usual Suspects, X-Men and X2. I have faith that he can get something going with Superman. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

Saiph

Why? Because holllywood follows trends.<br /><br />Heck, it's actually kind of creepy. Remember the "natural disaster" kick 5 years back? Not only were there tons of those movies out, they came out in pairs!<br /><br />Two tornado films<br />Two volcano films<br />Two asteroid/comet impact films<br /><br /><br /><br />One reason it's super people now is that Spiderman finally did it right. X-men did it right. So that's got the ball rolling. Hollywood's seen what works, and is now seeing what doesn't (in van helsing for example).<br /><br />Also, the films that did well, get a sequel (and if those do well...).<br /><br />Another part of it is the people that grew up with them are getting into influential positions in the heirarchy there (look at the timing...).<br /><br />And...technology has finally gotten to the point you can pull off a lot of what the genre requires, if you put a lot of effort into it (i.e money) and are clever enough to get the right cinematography techniques down. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

W

wmdragon

added to that:<br /><br />two computer animated bug films<br />two computer animated fish films<br />two haunted house films<br /><br />so much for originality <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

S

Saiph

anybody know of any other pairs? If possible name 'em.<br /><br /><br />Volcano vs Dante's Peak<br />Twister vs...not sure<br />Armageddon vs Deep impact <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

L

Leovinus

Lord of the Rings: Huge swordfight battle scenes<br />Troy: Huge swordfight battle scenes<br />King Arthur: Huge swordfight battle scenes <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

Saiph

I guess we do have a ressurection of the epic stories.<br /><br />Did gladiatior have a partner at the time?<br /><br />BTW, I see troy and arthur as a pair, since LoTR has been out (or comming out) for three years now, while those two came out in the same season (basically). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

D

drwayne

I wonder who will get cast as the Dark Knight this time?<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts