yo, clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matcat

Well in my area Ive only had one clear night in the last 2 weeks. And I have a deadline for astrophotos, anyone else getting pissed from clouds?

C

claywoman

very much so...<br /><br />I hate all this stormy, cloudy weather we've been having here in N. California!!! I'm not a good one in cloudy and I have seen one star in about three weeks...or it may have been a planet...I'm not sure...<br /><br />We've had Tule fog, rain, rain, and more rain and then fog again...I can't wait until spring?

B

bobvanx

The earth and plants like it.<br /><br />You know that.<br /><br />feel the green life taking in the water, and the nutrients the water brings, filling its tissues, biding time until the spring and the hot, hot summer.<br /><br />you'll be okay.

C

claywoman

That's true...i'm just tired of being indoors all the time except when I'm outside smoking...hehe

N

newtonian

bobvanx - And the frogs - boy has it been loud out there with the various species of frogs enjoying the filled ponds, including intermittent ponds, here in south Louisiana.<br /><br />Claywoman- Be glad you are not on Titan! Ethane rain at -180C or 93K! Extreme cold. And cloudy or thick haze. Worse on Venus, some 900F hot, and thick clouds all the time!<br /><br />It is clear here tonight- and cold, 40's F.

B

bobvanx

Claywoman,<br /><br />It is harder for us than for the creatures, I agree.<br /><br />Newtonian,<br /><br />I miss the frogs. And the newts. I love in an suburban area, and over-fertilizing lawns was hard on the amphibians. Then we switched to chloramine to keep the water free of microorganisms, and it turns out to be fatal to creatures that take in water through their skins. Apparently drinking it is safe, your liver takes care of it.<br /><br />But not fish and amphibians. So you can kill your newts just watering the yard, now.<br /><br />I hear frogs when I go to Sacramento, Paoli, even outside St. Louis. But not in the Bay Area. We do still have those red-spotted salamanders up in the hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts