2010 on AMC last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

I always rather liked it. <br /><br />Edited title to past/future tense from "right now" <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

Woot! Thanks!<br /><br />As far as Roy Scheider goes, I'd have to say I liked him in the film. He had trouble getting roles after Jaws I think. 2010 gave him a major screen appearance and he deserved it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

A

Aetius

Truth be told, I never liked <i>2001</i>.<br /><br />I did, however, greatly enjoy <i>2010</i>. How often does a 'hard' sci-fi outer space movie get made? That fact that it's so good just makes it more remarkable.

5stone10

I saw it the other night.<br /><br />Helen Mirren played the Russian commander.<br /><br />And no, I don't think its better than 2001, though it is very good.

M

MeteorWayne

Yes, Ballutes have come up in a number of other threads recently. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

K

kelvinzero

2010 was a great movie.<br /><br />Ive been wanting to get both movies, but think in this case I'll wait for an opportunity to get HD versions.. at some point after I get an HD player.

O

onesmallstep

I liked 2010, but it wasn't true to the Arthur C. Clarke book. In the book there was a Chinese mission which crashed on Europa, and we get to actually "see" the life on Europa. <br /><br />Clarke also wrote two more sequels, 2067...about a mission to Halley's Comet, and 3001 in which Frank Poole is found floating out past Neptune, is revived and becomes the center character in the story. I've been hoping they would make these into movies as well, but IMO movies can never hold up to the writing of Sir Arthur. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

lsbd

<font color="yellow">I liked 2010, but it wasn't true to the Arthur C. Clarke book. In the book there was a Chinese mission which crashed on Europa, and we get to actually "see" the life on Europa. <br /></font><br /><br />IIRC, that scene was out of 2061: Odyssey 3

Status
Not open for further replies.