2nd CLV giant problem: SINGLE 2nd stage SSME engine

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaetanomarano

<br />no<br /><br />I only say that NO ONE can give "exact figures" about reliability (and other flights' parameters) of UNEXISTING vehicles and rockets... NOT EVEN NASA... NOT EVEN the GREATEST genius of the story (Leonardo da Vinci, Albert Einstein, Wernher von Braun, etc.)<br /><br /><font color="yellow">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -<br /><br />however, I think that also this thread is complete (if I don't receive further replies) since we have given our opinions and critics<br /><br />about "my proposal" of CLV design... when it will be ready, I publish it on my website and post a link in future threads<br /><br /><br /><br /></font>

J

josh_simonson

>I only say that NO ONE can give "exact figures" about reliability of UNEXISTING vehicles <br /><br />One can't give exact figures for existing vehicles either due to the small sample size, and due to the fact that bugs get ironed out in the first few launches - the vehicle evolves over time and the reliability goes up. Even with a hundred launches, you only know the reliability within a few percent. <br /><br />Certainly, if a mistake is made, the actual reliability will be lower than predicted, but it is impossible to build a rocket that is more reliable than it's components. Even using redundancy, the odds of both parts failing is easily calculated, and as long as foam isn't falling on them, it'll be correct.

T

tap_sa

<font color="yellow">"I only say that NO ONE can give "exact figures" about reliability (and other flights' parameters) of UNEXISTING vehicles and rockets... NOT EVEN NASA... NOT EVEN the GREATEST genius of the story (Leonardo da Vinci, Albert Einstein, Wernher von Braun, etc.)"</font><br /><br />...except you.

F

frodo1008

Good heavens, no wonder GT got to star as fast as he did! I just counted 44 separate posts on this thread alone!! He has got to have far more time than I do for this, and I am retired!!<br /><br />Of course, if you are going to take on the entire space community (including people with FAR more experience, information, and education than you do) then I guess you had better be prepared to do a LOT of posting. Whether or not those posts mean anything..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts