A chaotic star is inching toward a violent death as astronomers watch in real-time

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
How about some coordinates so we can go look at this thing?
The Stars catalogue number is GSC 01586-00411 also referred as Merril's Star. Aside from referring to events that happened 2.7 million years ago as "Real Time" this article did not even name the star. You can find it here:

RA 19h 11m 30.875s
DEC +16° 51′ 38.20″

Constilation Sagitta

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
I think the writer meant a Type II supernova instead of Type I. Type I are created by binary white dwarfs. WR stars are massive stars that should die in a Type II explosion.

I think the writer meant a Type II supernova instead of Type I. Type I are created by binary white dwarfs. WR stars are massive stars that should die in a Type II explosion.
The article is correct as is. Type I and II supernovae are distinguished by the absence or presence of hydrogen in their spectra; since WR stars have shed their outer hydrogen layers it is not present in the spectrum when they explode, so they are type I.
The classification system is actually more complicated though, both types have further subclasses. The white dwarf explosions are type Ia specifically, while WR supernovae are Ib or Ic.

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
Location and Info for M33, the Triangulum Galaxy from In-the-Sky.org. You will need a somewhat powerful telescope to see this galaxy. You won't see this star without using imaging equipment.

You may put your latitude and longitude in the right hand box on the screen for info specific to your location.
Tabs at the top are for other categories of objects. The OBJECTS / SKY DIAGRAM menu item gives a nice overview of what you can see in your sky for a given date/time.

I sometimes use this site for Star Party observation planning.

Cheers

Oct 10, 2021
Visit site
"Watch in real-time"?! The nearest galaxy is 25,000 light years away. Nothing we see is in real-time. Telescopes don't make light travel faster. Telescopes are light gathering devices.
What they mean is they are witnessing the changes in spectra since 2018. Yes it was a long time ago however we can watch in our space in "real time", as it was.

Jun 11, 2023
Visit site
BELL1 A Wolf-Rayet Star Of About 25 Solar Masses Will Go Supernova Soon!!

BUTTE BELL1’s Supernova Will Not Be Because Of A “Core-Collapse” As Given Because The Neutronium Ball Of The Forming Neutron Center At The Core Of BELL1 Has Been Forming Since BELL1 Became A Star Millions Of Years Ago Through BELL1’s Pulsations): Compression-Decompression Cycles That Squeeze Heat From The Core Through The Siemens Refrigeration Cycle Compression To Heat, Heat Exchanger To Remove Heat, Decompression To Cool To Lower Temperature And Entropy And Increase Density Just As Hydrogen Is Converted To Liquid Hydrogen Through “Work Inputs”): Compression, Heat Exchanger, Decompression Cooling!!

The Point I Am Trying To Make Is The Core Of BELL1 Cannot Collapse Further Nor “Magically” As Given Because It Is Already At More Than 200 Trillion Times Earth Density!!

And That The Only Sure Way To Blow Up Bell1 Is To Convert 125 To 1250 Earth Masses Of Matter To Antimatter To Mix With An Equal Amount Of Matter To Create A 1.5e44 Joule To 1.5e45 Joule Supernova Explosion!!

More On The Mechanics Converting Matter To Antimatter On My YouTube Channel AdoniPhysics411 Or On My Next Post!!

What they mean is they are witnessing the changes in spectra since 2018. Yes it was a long time ago however we can watch in our space in "real time", as it was.
They put this out for general consumption, not for the knowing and the pros. The general audience understands real-time to be a quantum entanglement in time, the observer is watching instantaneous with what is happening at a distance, "spooky action at a distance", like the twin paradox is "observed!" to be observation instantaneous with all occurrences at a distance, billed as real-time slowing while under super-positioned observation instead of observing a light time delayed image growing in light time delay between observer and object at a distance from the observer (accelerating in both positional and velocity displacement in spacetime [between] the two).

There is no "between" the observer and the object under observation when scientists talk "real-time" or the "twin paradox". It's happening only at the moment of observation! It's not happening at any time (in any time) whatsoever (including the math) before "observation.!" Just about any quantum mechanic will explain to you about nothing in fact occurring before it is "observed" (from any distance whatsoever) to occur. That "observation" is physical influence upon what is being "observed" . . . physically influences what is being "observed!" to do what it is doing, to be what it is observed to be, only with and instantaneous with "observation."

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Visit site
Reactions: Adoni Yannop
Jun 11, 2023
Visit site
The article is correct as is. Type I and II supernovae are distinguished by the absence or presence of hydrogen in their spectra; since WR stars have shed their outer hydrogen layers it is not present in the spectrum when they explode, so they are type I.
The classification system is actually more complicated though, both types have further subclasses. The white dwarf explosions are type Ia specifically, while WR supernovae are Ib or Ic.
The article is wrong this is not happening in REAL TIME. How does a SPACE website get this so wrong. Everything we see in space the light is time dilated so we are looking into the past not present. This is NOT HAPPENING RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES IN REAL TIME as the article says it is = bull.

Mod Edit - Language

Last edited by a moderator:
The article is wrong this is not happening in REAL TIME. How does a SPACE website get this so wrong. Everything we see in space the light is time dilated so we are looking into the past not present. This is NOT HAPPENING RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES IN REAL TIME as the article says it is = bull.
I once sent an e-mail to NASA to correct a caption they had below a picture of a super nova, that said it was occurring 70,000 light years away, "right now." Yes, the caption had "right now" in it for the occurrence being observed. They immediately corrected the caption to read that what was being witnessed occurred 70,000 years ago.

Jun 11, 2023
Visit site
Not before their eyes, the light is time dilated and this happened ages ago NOT IN REAL TIME BEFORE THEIR EYES. I thought this was a SPACE website. Only an amateur would say it is happening in real time.
Hey Toolman, You Are Correct About "Time Dilation" As You Call It And That Events In Space Do Not Occur In "Real Time!!"

On A Different Note): Can You Disprove My Novel Postulate That Gravitational Force Is A Direct Function Of Mass And The Rate At Which The Matter Particles Of The Mass Heat Up Given The Following Facts??

1): Professor Siegfried Glenzer High-Energy-Density Division Director At SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Says/Gives): “By Employing 184 laser beams, the team heated the inside of a cavity, converting the laser energy into X-rays that heated a 2 mm diameter beryllium shell placed in the center!!

As The Outside Of A 2mm Beryllium Shell Rapidly Expanded Due To The Heating Of 184 Laser Beams, The Inside Accelerated Inwards, Reaching Temperatures Around Two Million Kelvins And Pressures Up To Three Billion Atmospheres, And Creating A Tiny Piece Of Matter As Found In Dwarf Stars For A Few Nanoseconds In The Laboratory!!”

Does Professor Siegfried Glenzer High-Energy Laser Fusion Experiment At NIF-SLAC Laboratory Support My Postulate That Extremely High Rapid Heating Of Matter Particles Results In Exponentially High Gravitational Force Generation??

Thereby Proving My Suggestion That Gravity Is The Direct Function Of Mass And The Rate At Which The Matter Particles Of The Mass Heat Up??

Also, I Say That As Gravity Is Generated By The Beryllium Pellet As Its Matter Particles Heat Up); Potential Dark Energy Is Stored Inside The Matter Particle Envelopes/Indestructible Permeable Mass-Energy Vessel Sacs In The Form Of Compressed God Particle 1s (GP1s) In A Broad Conservation Of Energy Mechanism That Results In The Explosion Of The Pellet AS Its Matter Particles Cool After The Given Nanosecond Of Heating!!

And I Say That Both Mass And Potential Energy Are Permanently Stored Inside The Neutron, Proton, Electron And Neutrino Mass-Energy Permeable Hovering Indestructible Vessel Sacs In The Form Of Compressed GP1s (God Particle 1s) Defined As The Tiniest Compressible-Decompressible Gaseous Particle Of Mass In The Universe); The Medium Of Electromagnetic Waves And Gravitational Waves); And The Physical Actual Building Block Of All Matter And Energy!!

Should You Ever Accept My Postulates Above): The Key Thing To Remember Is That A GP1 Aether Particle Medium For Electromagnetic Waves Changes Nothing With Respect To What Works With Quantum Mechanics Or Einstein’s Theory Of Relativity BUTTE Allows EM Waves To Propagate In A Physical Pressurized Gaseous Medium Of Mass Instead Of Magically In Space Nothingness And Emptiness That Maybe Something??

More Proofs That Gravitational Force Is A Direct Function Of Mass And The Rate At Which The Matter Particles Of The Mass Heat Up!!):

2): Take Our Own Sun As An Example Of Gravity Generation As Our Sun’s Matter Heats Up!!):

A): We Are Given That Our Sun Formed From The Collapse Of A Molecular Hydrogen-Helium Cloud At 10 Degrees Kelvin!!

B): We Are Given That For The Past 5 Billion Years That Our Sun Has Been Heating Up And Generating Gravity!!

C): We Are Given That Our Sun Will Heat Up By 6% Per Billion Years For The Next 5 Billion Years While Generating Gravity!!

D): In 5 Billion Years); We Are Given That Our Sun Will Start Cooling From 7777 Kelvin To 3000 Kelvin While Net Emitting The Stored Anti-Gravity/Dark Energy Stored Inside The Nucleon, Electron And Neutrino Indestructible Mass-Energy Vessel Permeable Hovering Sacs In The Form Of Compressed GP1 Aether Particles That Were Stored During The 10 Billion Years That Our Sun Heated Up And Generated Gravity Blowing Off Half Its Mass Leaving A White Dwarf Remnant About The Size Of Earth At 200,000 Times Earth Density!!

E): One Proof That As Matter Cools And Net Expels GP1 Aether Particles); Dark Energy Is Released Is The Red Giant Phase Of Our Sun’s Life Cycle And All Red Giant Stars!!

3): From Observations Of Bullet Clusters We Know That Gravity And Dark Matter Gravity Stays With The Star Matter And Dark Neutrino Matter Heating Up From The Radiant Energy Of Stars And Not With An Equal Amount Of Cooling Hot Gaseous Matter Left Behind As The Two Galactic Clusters Separate!!

The Above 1, 2 & 3): Coincidence Or Certain Proof That Gravity Is A Direct Function Of Mass And The Rate At Which The Matter Particles Of The Mass Heat Up And That As Matter Particles Cool And Net Expel GP1 Aether Particles); Dark Energy Is Released Like By The Cooling Hot Gases Equal To The Mass Of The Stars Of A Bullet Cluster And The Cooling Gases From 7777 Kelvin When Our Sun Will Begin To Transform To A Red Giant In 5 Billion Years!!

Latest posts