A Strange Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thugfella

One Of My Teachers Was Talking About Our Universe Jus Bein Part Of A Toe Nail Or Something I didnt pay attention much but can someone post more on this.if they know about it

P

pizzaguy

I have heard of that theory as well...<br /><br />You know, our universe COULD be a marble in some kid's marble bag. But, that kid would have to be a supergiant living in a super-giant universe. As far as I know, it IS possible. It IS also unprovable so..........................<br /><br />It doesnt matter ... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1"><em>Note to Dr. Henry:  The testosterone shots are working!</em></font> </div>

V

vogon13

How many universes are in your toenail? What if they are only 1 X 10 ^ -600 meters across? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

T

thugfella

stuff like this gets you thinkin by the way does anyone have any links on this theory?

T

thugfella

What if a galaxy as we know it is just one big atom, and earth is actually revolving around one of the outer most electrons in this atom and the galaxy-atom we live in makes up someones toenail? Think about it, the world might end if they stub their toe...cus i noticed that a atom resembels the galaxy though jus my opinion<br />

G

glutomoto

A link or two.<br /><br />From the website Science Fiction and Modes of Space Travel;<br /><hr /><quote>The physical principles underlying science fiction writing during this period were a complicated pastiche of ideas derived at least in spirit from the sweeping developments then occurring in relativity theory and atomic physics made during this time. Most of these developments were only partly understood by the authors of that time, which is probably why SF stories often hinged on outright errors even in some of the most elementary aspects of the physical world. For instance, believing that the Bohr atom in vogue during the early 20's with its planetary electrons was literally a microcosmic solar system. Our solar system was in turn simply an atom in a much larger universe. Several authors imagined people taking journeys to these other worlds within the atom by using machines that either shrank or enlarged their bodies by suitable scales as in S.P. Meek's Submicroscopic (1931), or G. Peyton's short story The Man from the Atom(1926). In the later instance, probably the earliest story of this kind, one Prof. Martyn builds a machine that subtracts or adds atoms to the human body until it has grown or shrunk to the desired size.<br /><br />Between 1924 and 1927, the physicists Heisenberg, Schroedinger and Dirac had all but written the last pages of the modern theory of atomic structure based on quantum mechanics. The Bohr-Sommerfield 'planetary' atom though conceptually simple was, nevertheless, invalid so that there was no longer a basis for thinking that electrons were miniature planets by this time. Yet SF based on this curious principle of 'worlds within worlds' persisted even as late as 1949 in Stan Raycraft's Pillars of Delight and in Henry Hasse's He Who Shrank. </quote><hr /><br /><br /><br />From the website All possible universe <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

K

kmarinas86

<font color="yellow">What if a galaxy as we know it is just one big atom, and earth is actually revolving around one of the outer most electrons in this atom and the galaxy-atom we live in makes up someones toenail? Think about it, the world might end if they stub their toe...cus i noticed that a atom resembels the galaxy though jus my opinion</font><br /><br />I had that idea to one time, but there are no two galaxies that stay together long enough to be considered molecules. More likely though, there is some un discovered particle in our universe that is very large, many mega light years in diameter, that could be one of just several units inside a quark of an atom of a toe nail of someone in a super-sized universe.<br /><br />http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=kmarinas86

K

kmarinas86

<font color="yellow">can there be other universes in our toenail?</font><br /><br />yes I think so... and in every other body part too =P

T

the_masked_squiggy

So this is like a MIB thing...<br /><br />(weakly) "universe...in...Orion's...bell...ugh."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts