About SpaceX's recent SN8 Explosion

WDD

Jul 23, 2020
4
0
10
It seems on the surface that everybody is thrilled that the rocket exploded, and that it is odd. But this isn't a tragedy; the developers expect things to go wrong. They study what went right and what went wrong, and try again, with adjustments. Any good entrepreneur or inventor does the same, figuring out what works and what doesn't. That's how the technology advances.
 
It seems on the surface that everybody is thrilled that the rocket exploded, and that it is odd.
Yeah, it was odd that some news sites seem to suggest this peculiar conclusion. One report just showed the explosion and not the successful launch or successful trajectory to its short destination and back.

It's a little like a news report showing only the failed landing of a gymnast and not her fantastic movements on the balance beam.
 
Oct 23, 2020
208
93
160
A lot of people just don`t understand that 95% of the test objectives were completed. They just pay attention to the landing part which was not quite successful. I know that the landing part was not a main goal of the test, the main part was to have a look at how the ship would perform in action.
 
Oct 23, 2020
208
93
160
It does serve as to the way news operates. Anything that is explosive (literally or otherwise) is what becomes the news even if context is sacrificed.
Any job is always 95% complete. The troubles hide in the other 5%.
The separator should be first tested in the Earth polar desert in at least 3 year-long (the Mars expedition) troubleless test.
P.S.
I still insist that such plant should be titled not as "Life Support System", but as "Life Support & Self Destruction System", because it can split all available water and fill the ship/station/base with H2+O2 mixture,
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts